Dolphins close to deal with Daryn Colledge/Update: Colledge Signed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins close to deal with Daryn Colledge/Update: Colledge Signed

Glad to hear this. Colledge may not be great, but he is serviceable as a pass protector ... something that Shelley is not and so many on this board refuse to acknowledge. We are a pass first offense, and while I hope very much the project that is Shelley Smith can develop quickly, the simple fact is that we need an alternative if he it doesn't happen quickly.

Colledge is a NFL caliber OG. This means we should have a decent veteran to plug in there and give us better guard play than we had last year. It gives us a vet to help James. It let's us survive until Pouncey can return ... whenever that is.

The Harris option is about whether we want to use Garner as an interior linemen. If so, we need another swing tackle because Fox will get injured.

Barry Jackson also said that Miami could sign Ryan Harris in the coming weeks for depth at offensive tackle.

Every time I see this guy in a game, or mentioned, I can't help but to remember him on that MTV show "True Life" when he was a high school senior. It was about Body Issues or something, and he was "that guy" having to eat a lot and bulk up because he was going to college to play football.

Whoever is playing center I hope they can shotgun snap.

I think this signing means they are happy with Garner at center until Pouncey gets back. If we wanted a true center, we could have signed one. Colledge is here to play RG/LG.

I think this signing means they are happy with Garner at center until Pouncey gets back. If we wanted a true center, we could have signed one. Colledge is here to play RG/LG.

I'm hoping Brenner proves to be the better choice but, we'll see.

Colledge's one year deal is worth $2 million and has $250,000 guaranteed. He is making less than Shelley Smith who is making $2.75 million.

Colledge's one year deal is worth $2 million and has $250,000 guaranteed. He is making less than Shelley Smith who is making $2.75 million.

I like this signing more and more. Worst case scenario, great depth. Good job Hickey.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dolphins | Daryn Colledge terms

Dolphins | Daryn Colledge terms

Updating previous reports, Miami Dolphins OG Daryn Colledge can earn up to $2 million in his contract. Of his $1.25 million base salary, $250,000 is guaranteed.

2014-07-07 07:10:08 | Source: ESPNBoston.com - Field Yates

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=913146-dolphins-daryn-colledge-terms

Back
Top Bottom