Dolphins Coach - 2005 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Coach - 2005

Forget that little detail...can't contracts be voided?

This, of course, assumes we miss the playoffs for the third straight year...

If Wanny does get canned, I'm thinking we'll make a run at Charlie Weiss of the Pats, n maybe even Crenell (sp?)...also of the Pats. Other options might be to promote from within with Trestman, or to go after former HCs like Dan Reeves and Jim Fassel, or possibly to make a run at college guys such as Kirk Ferentz (who has some NFL experience in Cleveland), Nick Saban (if he decides to leave LSU) or maybe Pete Carroll (who failed as a HC in the past, but has experience in the NFL and could be better the 2nd time around).

DolfanDonny said:
Time to make the predictions now...

Who will be the Dolphins' coach beginning with the 2005-2006 season?

And why?
I think Wannstedt will be the coach again after we have a deep playoff run in 2004.

Chris Foerster

'cause Wayne wouldn't want to mix up the offense with a new philosophy. We are soo close.

Dan Marino will be the new HC in 2005. He will realize it is too much work and resign after two weeks. Jimmy will then come back with the most lucrative contract ever signed by this franchise... and the farce will continue under Huizenga.

I doubt Wannstedt will make it past this season. He should get fired if we don't make it to the AFC Championship, and I sadly don't see us getting past the first round of the playoffs. If he gets fired, I see us looking at offensive coordinators, like Mike Heimerdinger from the Titans or Charlie Weis from the Patriots. We may also look at a college coach like Nick Saban or Bob Stoops.

id think wed go after weis instead of cronell, im sorry but weis is the OC right? the offense can be adjusted but if we take the defensive coordinator in as head coach then we will probably have to rescheme our defense.

mike_vee said:
if they fire wanny ,i say it'll be holmgren ...
that might not be too farfetched, if the seahawks dont get anywhere this season i think holmgren may get the boot.

My wish list is that they fire both Dave and Rick.To rebuild its best to clean house.Then Wayne hires Scott Pioli as GM and let him chose who the next HC would be.Charlie Weiss would be a logical choice in that scheme.

However I suspect Wayne will only Fire Dave (Or make him head of football operations),keep Rick (Who in my mind is just an overglorified scout and a lightweight) who in turn will hire from inside (Trestmam) or from one of JJ cronnies or former Bears org.

And the beat goes on...................

Back
Top Bottom