Dolphins descend on Florida State | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins descend on Florida State

Actually, I think they ascend to Florida St since Tallahassee is north of Miami. :)

Saw the article, very interestiing. Im hoping for Cromartie, but have a funny feeling that Wimbley is the guy.

Surferosa said:
Actually, I think they ascend to Florida St since Talahasse is north of Miami. :)

Saw the article, very interestiing. Im hoping for Cromartie, but have a funny feeling that Wimbley is the guy.

You know who happened to also be in town at the moment?

Javon Walker.

Do you think theres a chance? I just cant see Saban spending another pick and a huge wad of cash for Walker. We have too many other holes that need to be filled.

cromartie should be our guy i just dont think he will be available at 16. and javon walker is too costly for us..

Surferosa said:
Do you think theres a chance? I just cant see Saban spending another pick and a huge wad of cash for Walker. We have too many other holes that need to be filled.

Saban wouldn't have flown to FSU to meet Walker if there wasn't a chance.

We set aside a large chunk of change for LaVar Arrington...present and future money. We also saved another million when Ricky got suspended.

The chances are good that our contract offer is the most significant offer he's got on the table at the moment. If that entices him to shut other teams down the way Daunte Culpepper did, then we've got ourselves a deal.

I originally thought a 3rd rounder might even do it but Ted Thompson is on the stubborn side. More likely we trade them #16 for Javon Walker and #36.

Javon Walker and #36 for #16 would be a no-brainer for us. But theres no way the Pack will make that kind of offer.

Surferosa said:
I think there is a chance if the following happens. First of all, we have the $$ we were going to pay Arrington + 1Mill they got from the Williams suspention. So if they can work out a deal with Walker first that would be huge, then, maybe we trade our #16 overall to Greenbay for their #36 overall (2nd Round) and Walker. That gives Greenbay the #5 and #16 overall picks and basically gives us an extra pick if the possibility of Holmes or Jackson at 16 anyways was going to be there. We can still pick up an impact player at #36 plus we get a WR to go opposite Chambers and with Booker in a 3 WR set.

I think one busted knee player is enough, don't get me wrong, I love the pepp decision. Any inside scoop on his rehab? will he be 100%?
I guess he wouldn't be in north fla for no reason whatsoever.

huck1974 said:
I think one busted knee player is enough, don't get me wrong, I love the pepp decision. Any inside scoop on his rehab? will he be 100%?
I guess he wouldn't be in north fla for no reason whatsoever.

I agree
:yeahthat:

Isn't this about FSU?

But anyways I don't see why Booker can't be involved in a Walker deal. Not only would that free up some cap space but it would definatly give Green Bay a quality vetern receiver for Farve and judging by their moves in the off season that is what they are about. Not building for the future. But I think our 16 for Walker and their 36th is a no brainer for Green Bay. At 16 they should be able to find a replacement for Walker at a cheaper cost.

Just the fact that Saban and Capers travel to FSU together is encouraging.

I can't wait to see them on the sidelines, that was a MAJOR acquisition. It does appear that Defense is the direction they will take with that 1st pick...

All this talk about Walker is a little overboard. I would much rather get a rookie wideout who doesn't have a knee injury or a hold out on his resume.

Anyone find it strange they go to FSU and there is no mention of them talking to Broderick Bunkley?

Back
Top Bottom