Dolphins don't know what they are | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins don't know what they are

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The Dolphins are frustrated and confused and -- worst of all -- sounded like they were doubting themselves after the Baltimore Ravens thumped them 26-10.

Halfway into the season, the Dolphins are a .500 club that doesn't seem to know what it is or what it can be.

"I think it's obvious right now we can't beat the great teams," Miami receiver Brandon Marshall said. "We can't beat the good teams. I can't put my finger on it. We just shoot ourselves in the foot."

The Dolphins' losses are to each of the teams rated No. 1 through 4 in ESPN.com's latest Power Rankings. The New England Patriots, New York Jets and Pittsburgh Steelers previously defeated them.

The schedule has been unkind, but Dolphins owner Stephen Ross predicted they would go to the Super Bowl. The Dolphins can't go 0-4 against the best teams in the league and consider themselves near elite.

On a day when the Cleveland Browns walloped the Patriots, a Dolphins' victory would have muddled up the AFC East standings.

But about a quarter into the game, the Ravens demonstrated they were in command.

Had Baltimore not continually frittered away opportunities, the score would have been much more lopsided. Baltimore was pathetic in the red zone, finishing with a touchdown once on seven trips.

The Ravens had the edge on offense, defense and special teams. They had the ball for 38 minutes, 22 seconds and rolled up 402 total yards. They doubled the Dolphins' 73 rushing yards. The Ravens didn't punt.

The Dolphins pride themselves on being a physical club, but they were dominated that way.

"We didn't tackle worth a crap," Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano said barely above a whisper. "We're a lousy tackling football team today, and we gave them opportunities by not getting people on the ground a couple times out there, didn’t execute calls properly, checkdowns to backs end up being big plays."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/21323/dolphins-dont-know-what-they-are

They don't know what they are, because they have an Offensive Coordinator that doesn't even know where he is or who he is 99.9% of the time.

Henning **** his pants in the 1st quarter and spends the next 3 in the bathroom cleaning himself while hes calling plays.....I ****ing hate the man. Not only has he hampered Ronnie, and Ricky, he has hurt Marshall, and will most likely get Henne demoted. Put those 4 players on another team, and watch the fireworks.

Back
Top Bottom