Dolphins got Peyton's approval on Julius Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins got Peyton's approval on Julius Thomas

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Life is all about who you know, and thankfully for Dolphins tight end Julius Thomas, he knows Peyton Manning.

According to the Palm Beach Post, before trading for Thomas this offseason, offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen picked up the phone and called Manning. Christensen worked with the future Hall of Famer for nearly a decade in Indianapolis. Thomas played with Manning for two years in Denver.

"(Manning) talked a lot about (Thomas asking), 'Would you stay out and help me with this? Take me through this,'" Christensen told the paper. "'Would you watch a little tape with me? Would you explain what you want on this?' And he still does the same thing. I'll see him in coach (Adam) Gase's office and his questions are right. His questions and his process are right, which as a coach, (is what) you're looking for."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...got-peyton-seal-of-approval-before-fins-trade

LOL Gase COACHED him in Denver. Don't know why we'd need Manning's opinion.

Yeah but good to know Christiansen doing the due eiligence as well...who knows, Manning may know something Gase doesnt, especially being a player with him vs his coach.

Edit: :ninja:

Clearly a fluff piece. Obviously Coach Gase knew what he had in JT. Certainly doesn't hurt having a guy like Peyton Manning vouch for you but I am not sure it was necessary. It's still good to know PM think's highly of JT's work ethic.

Behind Parker and Ajayi, Julius could be one of the more important catalyst's for this offense.

Extra perspective is extremely helpful in scheming and coaching towards people's strengths. If Manning saw something on a particular play that lead him to throw to Thomas it'd be helpful to teach that to Tannehill.

I am starting to warm up to Clyde. I was unaware that he worked in Indianapolis for so long. I enjoyed Clyde's recent press conference, as well. Take a look, have a read.
Life is all about who you know, and thankfully for Dolphins tight end Julius Thomas, he knows Peyton Manning.

According to the Palm Beach Post
, before trading for Thomas this offseason, offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen picked up the phone and called Manning. Christensen worked with the future Hall of Famer for nearly a decade in Indianapolis. Thomas played with Manning for two years in Denver.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...olphins-got-peytons-approval-on-julius-thomas

OMG.....Are we starving for a story so bad that this is a story. Peyton was asked about it? Big deal. :spamkill:

It's not spam, and you can always choose not to read the thread if you don't like it.

I'm not blaming the poster. It's media spam for writers who have nothing to write about during these dog days.

The season can't start fast enough.

Maybe the title should say advice. Or is it Manning running the team and Gase is just a puppet.

Even though Gase has a reputation for knowing everything that's going on in the building, having a testimonial from a player -- particularly one who was renowned for being such a huge hard-ass for preparation and lacking in tolerance for bull**** -- has to be considered a plus.

Even though Gase has a reputation for knowing everything that's going on in the building, having a testimonial from a player -- particularly one who was renowned for being such a huge hard-ass for preparation and lacking in tolerance for bull**** -- has to be considered a plus.

Or it's just fluff and him not wanting to throw someone under the bus

lol...love the comments in this thread...

Sorry, Peyton just isn't going to get a lot a love in this thread...this is a Marino board...

The NFL rode Peyton's jock for far too much longer than many of us could ever stand....we get it though, Julius is a student of the game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom