"Dolphins Head Coaching Job is Better than the Bucs" - Charile Weiss interview | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins Head Coaching Job is Better than the Bucs" - Charile Weiss interview

It is a terrible long term job. Their success hangs on how long a 45 year old QB can stay healthy and when he will retire. That's a given.
IDK, work in a no income tax state, in Tampa, FL, with all it's amenities, with an ownership that will spend what it takes every once in a while? Maybe not so bad

But not as many as MIA has had, historically.

Despite a mostly dismal 22 years this millennium, the Dolphins are still a premier flagship franchise in the NFL.

The NFL is better off when MIA is really really good.
In terms of value perhaps, but not in the eyes of general NFL fans or the media. Take off the Aqua colored glasses for a moment and you will see that we are not seen as a successful franchise by anyone younger than about 60 years old.

Yes, we fielded competitive teams during the Marino era, but the last two decades are how a majority of outsiders see the franchise.

In terms of value perhaps, but not in the eyes of general NFL fans or the media. Take off the Aqua colored glasses for a moment and you will see that we are not seen as a successful franchise by anyone younger than about 60 years old.

Yes, we fielded competitive teams during the Marino era, but the last two decades are how a majority of outsiders see the franchise.
Deservedly so, the draft record of the franchise has been really poor..got lucky with Marino, but the guy never even had a legitimate starting running back… Abdul jabbar one season of 1,000 yards is a joke… defense wasn’t ever a top echelon defense either..

Not one hall of fame player on offense to play with except a center who played a few seasons

Criminal… the GM position in this league in a lot of cases is such a scam imo

The bucs have won a couple Super Bowls since 2000 until we get back ain’t no point talking **** about other teams

I didn’t say by generation z. I clearly said historically.

And there’s no legit argument to be had there.

MIa is the 6th all-time winningest NFL franchise. And owns the ONLY perfect season.
Tampa is DEAD LAST.

GTFO with the aqua colored glasses BS. You’ve gone crazy here.

I didn’t say by generation z. I clearly said historically.

And there’s no legit argument to be had there.

MIa is the 6th all-time winningest NFL franchise. And owns the ONLY perfect season.
Tampa is DEAD LAST.

GTFO with the aqua colored glasses BS. You’ve gone crazy here.
I think if you were to take a random poll around the country, you would find out we are not a highly respected franchise. I may be wrong. In any case, it isn't something I take offense to, or lose sleep over.

I think if you were to take a random poll around the country, you would find out we are not a highly respected franchise. I may be wrong. In any case, it isn't something I take offense to, or lose sleep over.
Agreed. Since 2000 the Bucs have been to the playoffs i believe 7 times, won 2 superbowls, and 8 or so playoff wins.

We have 2 playoff appearances in that span and 0 wins. They also have had better coaches, and a better overall organization imo.

I dont know how you would pick the Dolphins franchise over the Bucs, and I am a fan of the fins, but try to be unbiased.

Bruce Arians set up Brady . He had all the pieces other than a Qaurter back

Last edited:
That's generally what I find too. Most fans don't even remember when Miami was any good. They may know we had that undefeated season once, a long time ago, but that's about it. And even those teams are not counted among the best teams ever by most NFL fans. A few more vaguely remember Marino, but even that is mostly about how he was good but his teams weren't. That's a disconnect I see between what Dolphin fans think and the national view. It's similar to what I see with the logo. I used to see more mocking of the Dolphins' old logo. That seems to have died down nationally since we changed logos. I see Dolphin fans who seem to think every one loves the throwbacks. But that seems more nostalgia based and limited to Dolphin fans. My impression is that our new logo is liked better, or at least disliked less, by non-dolphin fans.

The current logo sucks compared to the old logo.
The Fins were a playoff perennial or SB hopeful from 1970 until 2003.
Its been a generation that has suffered humilation and losing seasons.
It is not surprising the current attitudes.
In my case, I am always hopefull the Fins do well, but my life doesn't revolve around football like it did from 1970 - 2003.

Back
Top Bottom