Dolphins hire Renaldo Hill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins hire Renaldo Hill

Interesting. Also I guess we gotta keep an eye out for Pit Safety prospect Jordan Whitehead. I like him quite a bit and now there is a connection.

Tony Oden has coached under a steady stream of guys who either coached under or are in regular communication with Nick Saban. Hiring a Saban guy like Renaldo Hill to coach under Oden is a natural fit.

The fact that Adam Gase and Renaldo Hill were essentially teammates is also interesting. As a student-coach, Gase would do projects specifically for the secondary under Mark Dantonio. Renaldo Hill was in that secondary.

Tony Oden has coached under a steady stream of guys who either coached under or are in regular communication with Nick Saban. Hiring a Saban guy like Renaldo Hill to coach under Oden is a natural fit.

The fact that Adam Gase and Renaldo Hill were essentially teammates is also interesting. As a student-coach, Gase would do projects specifically for the secondary under Mark Dantonio. Renaldo Hill was in that secondary.

Well that just highlights the fact of ‘familarity’ with each other and then you have the Lions DL coach here who obviously knows what the back half of the D will be playing.

As you said, makes sense. Question is did the Lions play quarters like Pitt or not l’m not sure but that would be a strong indication of what they may be thinking.

I liked him as a player. Was at the game vs Minny when he scooped up a strip by Jason Taylor and raced about 50 yards for 6.

Underrated free safety in Miami and communicator during his time here

Last quality free safety this teams had frankly

Weren’t many blown assignments when that guy was back there getting everyone lined up

I was saying the samething when i saw his name. For me he was the best safety and communicater we had during those years TILL now........EXTREMELY UNDERRATED

Gase just can't help himself preferring players or coaches he has worked with already. Very weird and very restrictive.

I don't think you understand how NFL staffs are built then. Very few of the coaches don't have previous associations with other people on staffs. Why would you build a staff of people you don't know, don't know how they interact with players, don't know their work ethic, etc.

That doesn’t sound like a ringing endorsement? And because I respect your opinion, I’m now more concerned than ever, that the defense is headed in the wrong direction on the back end. Are you concerned about “Quarters” because of Miami’s personnel or is it something else that worries you?

Quarters can be very useful coverage. But if you have to be very disciplined. When done right it's awesome.

What’s your take on Whitehead? Could he solve our FS problem?

Whitehead can be really good. He can handle the entire field and is not afraid to tackle and hit people. He was suspended the beginning of this year for breaking some team rules. The issue that he had this year was that he was trying to work to hard to cover up other guys. Also, they would use him on offense on some jet sweeps and he took a lot of hits he wouldn't have if they didn't. Those plays worked really well the year before, but last year they keyed on him and they never faked it to him so he took a lot of hits.

He can play center field as well as cover with his speed.

Back
Top Bottom