Dolphins - Jets Rivalry: Best Rivalry Ever? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins - Jets Rivalry: Best Rivalry Ever?

adamprez2003 said:
Although in the past six years the Patriots have been the team we all want to beat and in the late 80s early 90s it was the Bills, there is simply nothing better than beating the Jets

As much as I hate New England and Buffalo, they could alternate winning SB's for 10 straight years, and it wouldn't bother me even half as much as it would if the Jets won just one. I hate them. I hate their fans. I hate their logo. I hate their water boys. I hate their trainers. I hate the secretaries that answer their phones. I flat out hate their lousy, puke green ****ing guts. I hate everything and anything about them.

gillderais said:
It used to be Dolphins-Jets for me. But right now I feel it's Dolphins-Patriots.

To each his own, but good luck trying to find a majority of people that agree. The Jets are our top rivals whether they are 15-1 or 1-15.

jg772006 said:
Sept. 26, 1976 in MIA: - Joe Namath's last game against Miami:
One year earlier, the first shutout of this rivalry was recorded. For the second time in three games, Namath and the Jets failed to score a single point while Miami's Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, and Jim Kiick racked up more than 250 yards on the ground together. It was Namath's last game against Miami.
Result: Miami 16 New York 0

Good stuff. I was at a number of these games, including the fake spike and the game where Stoyo hit the 59 yarder. The game where Stoyonovich hit that 59 yard fg was also notable for a few more reasons:

1) It was an impressive comeback as we were down something like 20-3 at halftime of that game; and
2) The Jets had a chance to put the game away. Ken O'Brien took off towards the endzone for what looked like an easy touchdown, then inexplicably pulled up just short of the goal line when he was about to be hit by Louis Oliver. It was a play that made the highlight reels everywhere and hastened O'Brein's exit from NY.

BTW, not to get picky here, but in the Namath game quoted above you should know that Csonka and Kiick were no longer on the team at that point, having left for the WFL.

gillderais said:
It used to be Dolphins-Jets for me. But right now I feel it's Dolphins-Patriots.
i dislike the jets more becuse of thier fans

gillderais said:

I agree. For me right now, I rank the Dolphins' rivalries like this:

1. Patsies
2. Jills
3. Jesters

In OT, Jay Fiedler was picked off for the third time which set up the dramatic finish.

That sums op Fiedler's carreer right there.

You'll have to add another game to that list, This Christmas it will be a good one.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I agree. For me right now, I rank the Dolphins' rivalries like this:

1. Patsies
2. Jills
3. Jesters
Goto a Jets Dolphins game..Than goto Pats Dolphins game.. You will see which is more heated...

GreenMachine said:
Goto a Jets Dolphins game..Than goto Pats Dolphins game.. You will see which is more heated...

He's only 19. He has no idea.

Ive been to 2 Jets-Dolphins games and 1 Phins-Pats game of those heated rivalies. I have to say that in both of the Jets games, there was a distinct atmosphere among the crowd(which both NY games had probably 2-3 times more Jets fans there than at the NE game).

I enjoy talking smack to Jets fans, so maybe Im just biased. I just feel like there is a stronger rivalry between those teams than NE-MIA. Probably by quite a large margin.

Reminds me of how much I hate the JETS.....By the way, J...E...T...S = STUPIEST CHANT IN NFL HISTORY!!

So many of those games listed Miami should have won.

No way is the best rivalry ever. This somehow turned into a thread about the Dolphins biggest rivals, not best rivalry ever.

Back
Top Bottom