Dolphins keep James with 9.3 million option | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins keep James with 9.3 million option

Sorry but Norwell is an all-pro
while James is no where near an all-pro

Fact is in the past 2 out of the last 3 seasons this has been
his position

View attachment 11319

Then that is a reason to NOT sign him long term. If he is injured again this season they can cut ties. If he stays healthy and performs they can work on an extension during the season.

We are going to pay $9.3M to a guy who's never had a solid season. We saw no dropoff in play last year after he went down. Our OL found its groove without him last year. I'm fine starting the 2018 season with the OL we ended the 2017 season with, and while with and saving $9.3M. I'm not even concerned with injuries, I just don't think James is a very good football player. He's average at best, and I dont care what PFF says.

On a side note, this just shows Tannenbaum is completely undisciplined with his cap strategy. Refusing to overpay for players like Landry and Suh, but willing to overpay for a guy like James....makes absolutely no sense.

Save 4 million total to let one of the best DTs in the game go? Save like 1 million to have Wilson and Amendola instead of Landry? Landry and Suh epitomize toughness and stability, neither miss games.

Over 9 million for a good, not great, but also injury prone RT? Sure why not. He must have game changing culture.

Other GM's are eating Tannenbaum's lunch. This guy is such a fool.

They had no choice.

Well, I guess they could have cut him. Gotta count your blessings with this FO. Wouldn't that have been a beautiful trainwreck.

I don't mind one year rentals. If they can make the cap numbers work, one less hole. Now he just needs to stay healthy.

James is a good player. My biggest concern with him is injuries. He's been banged up too much for my liking.

But you go look at the OL market right now and tell me you want to cut him loose?

No, he's been good as a pass blocker, NOT run blocker
and as you said he's been banged up to the tune of 17 games missed in the
past 3 seasons.

As for his replacement, I'm pretty sure he's already on this team
and played there last season,but what the hell do I know over
Dolphins management...They've been doing such a bang up job
with our offensive line I'm sure it will continue

If you can somehow sign a guy like Sitton to play next to Tunsil, then start Davis at RG next to James....maybe the offensive line won't be a debacle. But after the POINTLESS Amendola contract, I don't see how we can afford Sitton.

And we also have to realize that James probably won't play 16 games this season. But hey, pay the man his $9M.

Yet Sam Young outplays him and starts more games in 2018 for sure. Tbaums gotta go. I was fine until this and Amendola for 8mil. 2 mil sure, 8 he'll no. Now this for nine?

Back
Top Bottom