Dolphins looking to Trade down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to Trade down

I say use that 16th pick to draft Jimmy Williams, Tye Hill, Jason Allen or Donte Whitner. To me that is a very obvious solutition to what is still our biggest hole at defensive back. I don't like taking the chance that Will Poole will return and become a superstar but I think he might be able to do it. Also, we need to understand how much better suited Daniels is to play the nickle and cover those 3rd slot guys.

Just my 2 cent, but I say we keep that pick and go with DB.

Our 2006 secondary:

CB: Will Allen
CB: Will Poole/ (maybe one of these 3) Jimmy Williams / Tye Hill/ Jason Allen
Nickle: Travis Daniels
FS: Donte Whitner
SS: Yerimiah Bell

trading down always looks good when we dont have many drafts picks as we do. not much new in that article but thanks for the info. I cant wait for this draft...see what Saban has up his sleeve again.

Stay at 16 unless we get a huge deal to move down a little. We need safety help BADLY... Draft Whitner at 16.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I say use that 16th pick to draft Jimmy Williams, Tye Hill, Jason Allen or Donte Whitner. To me that is a very obvious solutition to what is still our biggest hole at defensive back. I don't like taking the chance that Will Poole will return and become a superstar but I think he might be able to do it. Also, we need to understand how much better suited Daniels is to play the nickle and cover those 3rd slot guys.

Just my 2 cent, but I say we keep that pick and go with DB.

Our 2006 secondary:

CB: Will Allen
CB: Will Poole/ (maybe one of these 3) Jimmy Williams / Tye Hill/ Jason Allen
Nickle: Travis Daniels
FS: Donte Whitner
SS: Yerimiah Bell

I think Bell is more suited to play FS, and Renaldo Hill will be a strong candidate for the starting SS position.

Not meant to defend Jason... but

Trekbiz said:
You can rest easy knowing that comment is Jason Cole's opinion on what Manny Wright is capable of.
Any analysis from any of the sports writers from the Herald or the Sentinel you can throw right into the trash.

Saban is well aware of the defense he runs and which prospects will fit it. I'd be willing to bet they took that into consideration when they drafted Manny Wright.

My understanding is that he gets some information from the Dolphins regarding what they would like to do. I realize his opinion is in the things he writes, but some of what Miami is interested in or has commented on previously is also in the content he writes. Saban has identified NT as a priority even with Manny on the roster. That is fact and not fiction. I believe Manny may be suited for 3-4 defensive end because he is relatively quick for a big man and can get into the backfield. The NT is more suited to holding the point of attack and occupying linemen. Bowens was often criticized for not making more sacks by some when he was doing exactly what he was supposed to do.

Lee2000

i hope we trade down and get a 1st and a 2nd round draft pick for our #16 pick. here are some players we could draft then...

1st round:
we need a speed rushing olb, if we don't sign arrington:
manny lawson (north carolina state), ernie sims (florida state) or kamerion wimbley (florida state)

2nd round:
we need a young safety playmaker
pat watkins (florida state), ko simpson (south carolina) or daniel bullocks (nebraska)

3rd round:
we need another young wide receiver behind chambers
brandon marshall (central florida), demetrius williams (oregon) or martin nance (miami ohio)

4th round:
we need another young ol guy to develop into a starter
rob sims (ohio state), derek morris (north carolina state) or guy whimper (east carolina)

7th round:
best players available

Montella said:
i hope we trade down and get a 1st and a 2nd round draft pick for pur #16 pick. here are some players we could draft then...

1st round:
we need a speed rushing olb, if we don't sign arrington:
manny lawson (north carolina state), ernie sims (florida state) or kamerion wimbley (florida state)

2nd round:
we need a young safety playmaker
pat watkins (florida state), ko simpson (south carolina) or daniel bullocks (nebraska)

3rd round:
we need another young wide receiver behind chambers
brandon marshall (central florida), demetrius williams (oregon) or martin nance (miami ohio)

4th round:
we need another young ol guy to develop into a starter
rob sims (ohio state), derek morris (north carolina state) or guy whimper (east carolina)

7th round:
best players available

Scratch your second rounder because we don't have one. It was traded for Daunte.

Koehler13x said:
Scratch your second rounder because we don't have one. It was traded for Daunte.

If you read his post he clearly states that IF we could trade down he would like that to happen.

If we can trade down into early 20s and pick up a 2nd rounder that would be awsome. Does anyone know any trading partners that Dolphins could be contacting?

Back
Top Bottom