Dolphins’ much-improved Grant says cornerbacks underestimate him | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ much-improved Grant says cornerbacks underestimate him

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Jakeem%20Grant

“They come up to me and say, ‘You can smile, but you're not going to get off the line.’ Next thing you know, I'm hitting them over the top for a big play!
“All I do is laugh. They look at me and they're like, 'Man, I'm going to lock this guy down because he's small.’”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article172816466.html#storylink=cpy

Good to see him put in the work and make the team. Now let's see it all come together during real games and I will be real happy. Funny how many said for sure he wouldn't make the final cut but in the end, I'm sure we are all happier he seemed to put in the work catching better.

Last edited:
Part of the reason is The Dolphins outside of special teams haven't put him in a position to do anything offensively. Hopefully this season Gase and Company will actually call and execute plays specifically designed for him.

Miami needs to get him involved, once he burns a few corners for TDs, Coordinators will start to panic every time he comes into a game, giving Miami a very effective decoy, while also being a very dangerous wideout that deserves attention.

I think his ceiling is high. Like maybe a shade under Steve Smith Sr high. Let's see if he can keep putting in the work and show some of these flashes on offense in the regular season, but I think if he keeps working at his craft he could be something special.

Miami needs to get him involved, once he burns a few corners for TDs, Coordinators will start to panic every time he comes into a game, giving Miami a very effective decoy, while also being a very dangerous wideout that deserves attention.

I suspect every time Grant lines up wide, the DC will already want a safety deep. Doing otherwise is suicide. Now, once Grant scores on a crossing route or out pattern, DC's will become even more paranoid. THAT is the reason I want to see Grant get snaps - more space for others underneath.

I wonder if he gets any real game action

Way too small for the slot. Put him in space and he'll give them constant problems.

Biggest mistake last season was putting him in the slot.

He needs to be split out wide and given space to work.

In the slot lined up off the line, and in the rear of bunched formations, is exactly where he needs to be, so that he can get off the line without as much contact, if any, and he isn't lacking the freedom of movement imposed by the sideline.

If "space" for an offensive player is what you want, the last thing you do is put him near the sideline.

I wonder if he gets any real game action
I think Gase would be foolish not to use his speed. Last year I would tell everyone I watched the games with that I could not understand why they did not put in running a 9-route.

Here are the week 1 highlights for Tarik Cohen, a similar player:

Notice where he's lined up as a receiver to afford him space.

Back
Top Bottom