Dolphins' o-line not playing up to Sparano's standards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' o-line not playing up to Sparano's standards

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
clear.gif

Center Jake Grove wipes sweat from his forehead during warmups during the Dolphins' organized team activity Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at the team's training facility in Davie.

When a team commits more than $155 million to its offensive line, you don't expect a pretty good unit, but a great one. So far, coach Tony Sparano said his line has not played up to his standards, and new center Jake Grove said ``we need to be better.''

Though they were inconsistent in creating holes in the preseason, lines need time to develop continuity, and the Dolphins aren't worried. ``To me, they've gotten better each week,'' Sparano said. ``Some people might say they didn't get better against Tampa. I would argue there were some individual performances that were pretty good. I've got really high standards for where I think those guys should be, and I think they'll get there.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/1223837.html

This Oline definitely has potential to be special . . . but it takes time . . . no matter how much money is spent . . . every Oline needs to gel, and we are slowly getting there.

Back
Top Bottom