Dolphins On IV use | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins On IV use

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
:nublar:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/09/16/a1b_ivs_0916.html

Not really news per say, but just a view on the whole IV thing for NFL players.

The solution used to be so simple.

To cure a case of dehydration, those undefeated Dolphins of 1972 didn't stick an IV needle into their arms.

They wrapped their hands around a can.

"We had a marvelous potion we took after practice," '72 safety Dick Anderson said. "It was called beer... 16 ounces of cold beer."

Jason Taylor could have used a cold one after Sunday's season-opening victory against Denver. The Dolphins defensive end capped a deliriously exhausting day  he said he was on the field for all but two or three defensive downs  by forcing a fumble and returning it 85 yards for a touchdown on the game's final play.

Taylor's recovery included 4 liters of saline water ibefore he addressed reporters with white tape covering the fresh IV marks.

"I'm good now," Taylor joked. "I'm back among the living."

:lol: Much as I love those old-school guys, the newer way is probably better.

Although, no one says you can't have a cold one while the IV does its thing...oh yeah.

Running around for hours in a 100+ temperature, and a humidity indexes sky-high causes severe dehydration. The body looses not only fluids, but electrolytes (sodium, potasium,magnesium, etc.) the lost of these electrolytes can cause severe problems such as heart problems, stroke, or even death. So of course the teams physicians and trainers will use IV's. is the quickest way to replenish the body.

Back
Top Bottom