Dolphins Raiders Preview With Matchups Per PFF | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Raiders Preview With Matchups Per PFF

PFF is a joke and if you're basing your comments on Howard off of their rankings then shame on you good sir. Howard has been a completely different player the last couple of weeks or so. He actually did an excellent job covering Julio Jones with a lot of 1 on 1 matchups, and I don't think the ball was even thrown in his direction last week which would indicate he's locking it down.

Honestly, for me, it all comes down to our QB or in my mind the lack of one. Cutler's nursing ribs, and really didn't do all that much when he was healthy, and Moore has proven he's not the guy. We know Cutler is going to start, but it may not take much of a hit to knock him out of the game. We are gonna have to manage these guys. Everybody else is going to have to really step up and play with some urgency. Our playmakers are going to have to make plays. If we leave it up to Cutler to win it for us then we are probably in a world of hurt.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-week-9-preview-raiders-at-dolphins

This stuff is very interesting.

We should win this game even if Xavien Howard is covering? Crabtree all day.possible.

Their CB's are worse than ours, if that's possible.

Howard should be on the bench and moved to backup free safety. He couldn't cover a crippled pregnant woman.

How long have you been a dolphins fan for? One thing that’s consistent with this team is they play on the same level as their opponents! I hope Miami wins but it depends on which team decides to show up on Sunday.

If there's one team that's been performing in such a way to give the Dolphins an advantage they don't usually have, it's the Raiders, who have surrendered a league-worst opposing passer rating of 108.2 in 2017.

The Raiders' passer rating differential of -20 is horrendous, but it's actually far better than the Dolphins' differential of -30.

Now ask yourself who is more likely to help his team overcome that problem Sunday night -- Derek Carr, or Jay Cutler.

The offense will start slow as usual and try to comeback in the 2nd half.
If the defense comes to play, it should be a low scoring close game.

The reason Howard's #'s look bad is because they had him playing with massive cushions earlier in the year.

We play that *****, bend but dont break, mentality on D, which, while effective, allows for an inflated number of cheap completions.

Howard doesnt get burned deep very often, but if you want to nickle and dime him to death, that will work. Crabtree isnt that kind of WR imo. He is more of a big play guy, and Howard fares pretty well against those.

I really would like to see the Dolphins play 60 minutes of Football. I know that a win is a win and style points don't count for anything in the standings but this routine of starting slow, falling behind and having to rely on a miracle come back in the 4th quarter is not the kind of Football strategy that gets you very far in the NFL. I hope that Gase really took a fresh look at things and found some answers. I further hope this feeling that our star players are not putting in the work goes away with a nice victory. The Dolphins will be in the national spot light with a prime time game. Gase has thrown down the gauntlet, basically cut Ajayi and now with all the attention on him Gase will either come out smelling like a rose or he will look stupid. I'm not certain we would have won any games this year without Jay Ajayi. Now that he's gone I sure hope Kenyon Drake can fill those shoes. I hope we don't find out that Jay Ajayi is more important to this team than Adam Gase.

PFF is a joke and if you're basing your comments on Howard off of their rankings then shame on you good sir. Howard has been a completely different player the last couple of weeks or so. He actually did an excellent job covering Julio Jones with a lot of 1 on 1 matchups, and I don't think the ball was even thrown in his direction last week which would indicate he's locking it down.

Shame on you for your extreme arrogance to think your opinion is better than a highly respected analytics organization. Your the joke. PFF is used by scouts themselves, and pretty much every sports writer in the nation. Check their rankings against the contracts highly rated players are getting. I did this very thing. Follow the money is wisdom in this age.

We aren't talking a few plays here and a few plays there. He is three spots from being the worst CB in the NFL out of well over a hundred qualifying players.

Shame on you for your extreme arrogance to think your opinion is better than a highly respected analytics organization. Your the joke. PFF is used by scouts themselves, and pretty much every sports writer in the nation. Check their rankings against the contracts highly rated players are getting. I did this very thing. Follow the money is wisdom in this age.

We aren't talking a few plays here and a few plays there. He is three spots from being the worst CB in the NFL out of well over a hundred qualifying players.

Can you provide evidence that scouts use PFF? I highly doubt that since they dont even grade off the All -22 film. Highly marketed, I agree...

Howard is a solid young CB that is trending up.

Lol, you can't be serious...

Back
Top Bottom