Dolphins should draft one of these guys

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by JEDIJ007, Nov 25, 2012.

1. JEDIJ007

JEDIJ007 It's a trap! Finheaven VIP

Look Dan Carpenter Blows.
    Draft a kicker in order who i like
    1. Dustin Hopkins FSU
    2. Caleb Strugis
    3.Steven Schott

2. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

The timing of this post is classic...either way I think we bring in some comp for him but I'm not for drafting a kicker when there are a dozen of these guys on the street.

3. JEDIJ007

lol, Look I'm glad he made the FG, but I think we should still draft one with one of the late round picks. Some competition would be good. Didn't Ierland waste a late round draft pick on a WR who was cut?

4. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

Aaaaand this is why you're not GM.

5. JEDIJ007

Never claimed to be a GM. Just think drafting some competition for Carpenter is a good thing.

6. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Yes, late round guys rarely stick on the roster for long but with 90 players allowed for training camp and OTAs we can bring in two undrafted guys if we wanted to. Carpenter was an undrafted free agent from Montana. Connor Barth (Bucs), Lawrence Tynes (Giants), Matt Bryant (Falcons 62-yard FG with Bucs), Dan Bailey (Cowboys), Justin Tucker (Ravens), Adam Vinatieri (Colts one of the most clutch kickers in NFL history), Phil Dawson (Browns), Shayne Graham (Bengals), Rob Bironas (Titans), Robbie Gould (Bears), David Akers (49ers), Jay Feely (Cardinals), Matt Prater (Broncos), Ryan Lindell (Bills), Steven Hauschka (Seahawks), Nick Novak (Chargers), Kai Forbath (Redskins) and Garrett Hartley (Saints) are all undrafted PK. They are a dime a dozen and no reason to waste a draft pick on.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
  7. JEDIJ007

Look I just want them to get Hopkins, Draft or undrafted just get the guy in. I bet he beats out Carpenter.

8. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

It's not a competition though with a kicker, because you don't keep two, if you draft one you are basically saying he's your guy. The FSU kid is a good a college kicker as you'll find, the guy has a big leg, is unflappable and very accurate. Sturgis has been awesome for Florida, but not sure he has the leg for the NFL, definately not worthy of a draft pick, but Hopkins I probably would take a flyer on wth a late pick. I bet he's gone by round 5 though which would be too early for us to pick him.