Dolphins should say no to old Manning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins should say no to old Manning

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
Manning is a great quarterback and he will be in the Hall of fame one day but he is definitely on his down turn in the NFL. Manning is 36 years old and only has a few good years left. Plus he is fragile because of his neck injury. The Dolphins should go after a free agent or rookie QB. No Old manning please :crazy: Go Fins !

Off topic but You know what would be epic if they release Manning, and Andrew Luck pulls an Eli/Elway on the colts cause of all the dysfunction going on up there. I'd pay to watch that on tv, it would be classic. Eff the colts and there tank job this season.

That would be funny IMO.
Off topic but You know what would be epic if they release Manning, and Andrew Luck pulls an Eli/Elway on the colts cause of all the dysfunction going on up there. I'd pay to watch that on tv, it would be classic. Eff the colts and there tank job this season.

Manning + our 52 sack allowed offensive line = cripple

Now that Sparano is not here, I have a feeling that'll change quickly. I'm pretty sure Philbin is going to do what it takes to shore up the OL in a hurry, especially if we do end up getting Manning.

I guess if healthy Miami fans just assume Manning will throw 40+ TDs and Miami will sweep New England, win the division and head to the Super Bowl.

I guess if healthy Miami fans just assume Manning will throw 40+ TDs and Miami will sweep New England, win the division and head to the Super Bowl.

How about maybe they just assume that if he is healthy the team will compete for something other than 3rd in the division? Even if he threw for 25 TD's, it is miles better than any QB play we have had since the mid-90's. I am not real big on Manning coming to Miami, but it's not the worst idea in the world, considering what we've had at the position. Flynn is entering what should be the prime of his career, but no one has a clue what that really means from a performance standpoint.

Old Kurt Warner with less ability than Manning did fine, even went to a Super Bowl.

I'll take Peyton thanks. Even if it's for 2-3 years that's 2-3 years of having a Top QB.

Manning HAS BEEN a great quarterback. The nature of his injury is likely to affect that. Reports are that he sustained nerve damage that left him with little strength in his throwing hand and arm. Those who are counting on his return are expecting that nerve to regenerate and for that process to be complete in less than a year.

I don't believe it to be in the Dolphins' best interests to invest their entire rebuilding process in a quarterback who is close to the end of his career AND is trying to rehabilitate from a catastrophic injury. If the Colts let him go, it will be because he is no longer the Peyton Manning he once was. Remember Daunte Culpepper, Trent Green and other veteran hopes of salvation who were brought in and even in the middle term left us with nothing. We need to invest in someone who will have time to pay dividends.

Manning HAS BEEN a great quarterback. The nature of his injury is likely to affect that. Reports are that he sustained nerve damage that left him with little strength in his throwing hand and arm. Those who are counting on his return are expecting that nerve to regenerate and for that process to be complete in less than a year.

I don't believe it to be in the Dolphins' best interests to invest their entire rebuilding process in a quarterback who is close to the end of his career AND is trying to rehabilitate from a catastrophic injury. If the Colts let him go, it will be because he is no longer the Peyton Manning he once was. Remember Daunte Culpepper, Trent Green and other veteran hopes of salvation who were brought in and even in the middle term left us with nothing. We need to invest in someone who will have time to pay dividends.

I trust our trainers will do their own investigation in instead of listening to "reports".

Who's reports are these? Arm-And-Oh? Oh-Mahr?

Only time will tell on this. IF he has nerve damage that limits velocity, what does that mean? How much does it limit it? If it is completely diminished, he won't find a job on any team unless it includes a suit and a tie.
If we have 80% of what he was, we still have a top 5 QB in the league. Long Long Long time since we have been able to say that.

I'm not worried about his age or his cost. I'd be more worried that he hasnt played for an entire year, and that he will have to learn an entirely new system on top of that. In Indy, he called his own plays and ran his own offense. He wont be able to do that in Miami, and he doesnt have a year or two to adjust. Its a bad idea to assume Peyton would come in here and make things click in his first year. We would also have to clear a ton of cap space by releasing players just so Manning could play 2 years? Manning is a great player, but there are way too many "if's" regarding his furture. Not worth it imo, especially when we are not one QB away from winning it all.

Back
Top Bottom