Dolphins signed G/T Artis Hicks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins signed G/T Artis Hicks

PolitePolite

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins signed G/T Artis Hicks to a one-year, $2 million contract.

Hicks' best days are behind him at age 33, but his versatility appeals to a Dolphins team searching for a new right tackle and right guard. Most likely, Hicks will provide insurance in case John Jerry isn't ready for a full-time role.

Rotoworld

It has potential to rise up to $2.5 million with incentive.

Deal is the same one Colombo received last year. Hopefully his play isn't as bad, but I won't hold my breath.

Oh and this was actually posted hours ago.

Can you really get worse than Columbo's play last year?

One would think anything at this point would be an improvement...

Can you really get worse than Columbo's play last year?

One would think anything at this point would be an improvement...

I wouldn't even temp our fates by asking that question.

He's not very good IMO, so chances are he COULD be worse. Time will tell.

Like Chambers said in another thread, versatility and experience/success in a westcoast offense makes this an understandable signing as we transition into Philbins offense. Yea his best days are behind him but he could provide some solid depth and knowledge in 2012.

Like Chambers said in another thread, versatility and experience/success in a westcoast offense makes this an understandable signing as we transition into Philbins offense. Yea his best days are behind him but he could provide some solid depth and knowledge in 2012.

to add on it's one of those things, if he's brought in to help the young guys and be a spot starter, he's a great pickup. That's where Tony went wrong with Pat McQuistan and Marc Columbo (as kdawg said in another thread) they aren't bad depth guys, but Tony had all intentions of starting them. I'm under the impression Hicks was not brought in for that purpose.

Hicks isnt very good no matter the price and 2 mill for him is too much but oh well

How can anyone say this makes sense. 2.5 million for a guy who has never been any good.

The right side of the Browns line was ridiculed league wide last year.

This is an abomination. Ireland is dangerously stupid.

How can anyone say this makes sense. 2.5 million for a guy who has never been any good.

The right side of the Browns line was ridiculed league wide last year.

This is an abomination. Ireland is dangerously stupid.

Some peoples turds are great signings when its us signing them lol

Back
Top Bottom