Dolphins vs. Steelers game thread | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins vs. Steelers game thread

There is a reason we are 6-6 folks. This stuff should not surprise you.

We had the lead on the road in horrible weather condition. A game were our qb is our leading rusher. I do not blaim Philbin a bit for getting his team in the locker room.

dolphins get the ball back after the half right?

If so I see why he did it. not saying its the right decision but was Philbin was probably thinking, why do anything risky in a 2 min drill in the snow when we can come back after half and get the ball back.

This. You are spot on.

I thought he had a chance...but beat writers said he practiced 50 in the snow before the game and ball never sailed farther than that. So there was no way he'd make it. Would have been great, though, if he did.

This is not true; Omar reported that he was hitting from over 50

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Caleb can also go F himself. He is awful

Nobody has ever made a larger FG than that at Heinz Field in any conditions. Sturgis' stats in kicks that could/should have been made and his stats overall which include too many darn near impossible kicks are vastly different.

Blame Joe Philbin for putting this guy in position to have too many misses on kicks that never should have been attempted. He obviously shattered the confidence of a rookie kicker who was insanely talented, and at that position, confidence is much of the battle.

We had zero chance of kicking a 52 yarder....should have thrown a pass there.

If so I see why he did it. not saying its the right decision but was Philbin was probably thinking: why do anything risky in a 2 min drill in the snow when we can come back after half and get the ball back.

The lead is 3. Not 30. Have you seen how many close games we've lost this year. We can't keep trying to sit on these small leads.

Phins up by 3 and get the ball to start the 2nd half relax.....

Phins were leading by a mile against Cincy and Carolina so relax. I don't relax when a coaching staff that has shown ability to blow any lead and not actually hold a lead against any team but the Jets takes points off the board that the players on the field worked darn hard to earn.

If so I see why he did it. not saying its the right decision but was Philbin was probably thinking: why do anything risky in a 2 min drill in the snow when we can come back after half and get the ball back.

uhhh, how about before going for the fg?

he could have called a TO with 1:39 left on the clock... but, noooo

and then we block the punt and have good field position... and then he goes into full retard mode again

sorry, any way you slice it, he looked plain dumb at the end of the second half.

wait a second, let me put this game into perspective a little bit....for myself.

Miami is up by 3 at halftime, on the road, it is snowing, and Tanny isour leading rusher.

I'll take it.

AALLLLLRRRRIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT MIAMI! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom