Dolphins Want Bonuses in Tua Deal | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Want Bonuses in Tua Deal

What win

What wins? I know it's a team game, but you're the one putting the "Wins" on Tua. What significant wins has he had?
Every win in the NFL is a significant win because winning in the NFL isn’t easy. I personally believe that it takes an entire team to win or lose games.

Yet no team can win consistently without a quality QB and Tua has proved over the last 4 years that he is a quality QB. He is by far the best QB the Dolphins have had since Marino and I have no desire to see him leave in free agency and the Dolphins end up going another two decades looking for his replacement.

What win

What wins? I know it's a team game, but you're the one putting the "Wins" on Tua. What significant wins has he had?
Hey do you have a better choice ? Go ahead and spit it out as we wanna hear it ! 🐻

No. You lock him up now.

Took us too long to find a QB after Marino.
Exactly. The fact is that even if they sign him for $50 million a year today. That will be considered a great deal in a few years when the top QB’s start signing contracts for $65-70 million a year.

Hey do you have a better choice ? Go ahead and spit it out as we wanna hear it ! 🐻
Never said I had a better choice. I just asked what significant wins he has. The comeback against Baltimore yielded nothing. Nor did a win against Buffalo in week 3 in 2022.

Tua will get paid. There are several other QB's who are better, but none that are available.

The Dolphins can want all they wish, but there is no way an agent will go for that. The reality is Burrow has missed only one less game than Tua due to injury and Tua has actually played one more game than Burrow has in their respective careers.

Burrow has missed more games due to injury than Tua.

Of course the Dolphins want bonuses...

Something like this: if player plays in 12 games in 2026, his entire 2027 salary will be guaranteed.

As a Dolphins fan long before Tua and will be long after he retires, I hope Grier gets the best deal possible.

If I was Tua though, I wouldn't give it to him. Between Flores, Ross, Watson, and Brady, I'd have a fairly large 5 year $290MM ($160MM guaranteed) chip on my shoulder.

As a Dolphins fan long before Tua and will be long after he retires, I hope Grier gets the best deal possible.

If I was Tua though, I wouldn't give it to him. Between Flores, Ross, Watson, and Brady, I'd have a fairly large 5 year $290MM ($160MM guaranteed) chip on my shoulder.

He did say he keeps receipts

I think that's the holdup. Very smart of the Dolphins to try this, I guess they are a tad bit nervous as are many of us here. I would think the agents and players association is not in favor of this at all. But, the big but, if Grier pulls this type of groundbreaking QB contract he is one step closer to being quite the GM. I think this will steer some players away if it doesn't become the "norm" with contracts around the league but the fact he is trying to be creative with protections is smart. I don't think it will fly personally but the fact that the Dolphins are even considering some type of incentive deal is promising.

I don’t think the Dolphins are really going to try hard for it and I don’t think they should. There is little chance Tua will agree to it and it is fairly likely to alienate him.

Back
Top Bottom