Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

Son you are welcome to my house and drink all the wine you can handle while I cook a gourmet ribeye for you if this is true.

Your list of buying beer for everyone on this thread is growing :brewskis:

Just wait till the actual visit tom. Lol.

If true, here's the splash signing and we're going to be ****ting out A LOT of guaranteed money.

lol.... I'm taking you up on that.

I'll PM you when he signs.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Your list of buying beer for everyone on this thread is growing :brewskis:

Just wait till the actual visit tom. Lol.

I can handle it. I can throw down. Especially if it's because the Dolphins will be awesome.

I want a beer. I want Poe to sign also but beer is the reason I posted :brewskis:

@AllbrightNFL
I'm told Dontari Poe is "very excited" about his impending visit w/ the #Dolphins. They were always near the top of his list. Now about $

@ArmandoSalguero
I hear you all about one-year prove-it deals. But those mean entire salary is charged to cap. So $8-$10M would be outrageous. And bad.

@ArmandoSalguero
Armando Salguero Retweeted Benjamin Caulder
Wrote it Monday. $2.5M-$3M on a one year deal.

@ArmandoSalguero
Armando Salguero Retweeted JAY
1. You're wrong.
2. You're short-sighted. They have to do deals with Kiko, Landry.

@ArmandoSalguero
Armando Salguero Retweeted Ricardo Bowen
Cap space carries over. If you use it, cannot carry it over to next year.

@ArmandoSalguero
Carry over example: Dolphins don't sign Mario Williams last yr, they're $8M more under cap last year -- savings would carry over to this yr.

Its a done deal? He hasnt even made it to Miami yet? Im sure thats what the other teams thought.

It just seems a little hard to believe at this point.

It's not that far fetched, Jimmy Sexton is his agent. Same as Tannenbaum's.

IMO, if Poe gets signed, it'll have less to do with TBum's persuasive salesmanship and Gase's vision - not that both won't be somewhat of a factor.

It'll be the opportunity to play with Suh and enhance his game as a result of that on either a 1 or 2 year deal.

Between Timmons, Hayes, and Poe.... that fixes the run defense. We still have like 25m in cap without releasing Misi or Jordan.

There is not ONE SINGLE REASON for poe to come here over the falcons.

We are not in the same universe as the falcons no matter how the pie in the sky crowd want to spin it. Poe is jacking up the money​ plain and simple and when he has heard from everyone that will take his visit he will sign for the biggest money offer. If it's a tie with money, he will take the best of the tied teams, most likely the falcons.

Nothing surprises me in the NFL world but I don't see Poe wanting to be here at all unless we offer stupid money which we won't. Lining up with suh doesn't trump big bucks and/or a bonafide contender team.
The opportunity to play next to Ndamukong Suh and Cam Wake on an elite D-line sounds like a decent reason. Among the brotherhood of NFL Defensive Tackles, Ndamukong is respected and looked up to as the man.
The opportunity to escape Kansas and live in paradise in Miami, Florida (no state tax) sounds like another decent reason.

Back
Top Bottom