Dolphins will need a backup QB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins will need a backup QB

Why waste anything on Cousins, that guy is straight garbage. This team already has Tannehill for next year. It’d be more wise to keep Tannehill and draft a QB next year.

There are people who hold out hope Miami will cut Tannehill loose, regardless how low the odds. They're entitled to their opinions. Yeah, I'd like an "elite" QB, but Tannehill is the guy, unless surgery bombs.

Why waste anything on Cousins, that guy is straight garbage. This team already has Tannehill for next year. It’d be more wise to keep Tannehill and draft a QB next year.

Garbage? Please explain haha

You basically just showed your ass! I’d love to hear your reasoning either way pfft!

Last edited:
Fales and Doughty probably wouldn't start for a single power 5 conference school in the NCAA right now.

They'll go with one or the other though....."they know the system"

You basically just showed your ***! I’d love to hear your reasoning either way pfft!
It goes with the narrative that people think the grass is greener on the other side. If he was that much better than Tannehill, why would Washington get rid of him. He’d be another stopgap at the position. Another mans garbage isn’t always another mans treasure.

You basically just showed your ***! I’d love to hear your reasoning either way pfft!

It goes with the narrative that people think the grass is greener on the other side. If he was that much better than Tannehill, why would Washington get rid of him. He’d be another stopgap at the position. Another mans garbage isn’t always another mans treasure.
He is a franchise QB that doesn’t want to be in Washington. And his stats are remarkable. Not sure what you’ve been watching.

Whoever it is will end up being a part-time gig only. Maybe 3 weeks of work before being cut. I don't see Kaep doing that deal. Fales is the most likely with TJ Yates as the other option.

Colin Kaepernick QB 29 SF TBD -
Robert Griffin III QB 27 CLE TBD -
Shaun Hill QB 37 MIN TBD -
Matt McGloin QB 27 PHI TBD -
Luke McCown QB 36 DAL TBD -
Dan Orlovsky QB 34 LA TBD -
Christian Ponder QB 29 SF TBD -
Thaddeus Lewis QB 29 BAL TBD -
T.J. Yates QB 30 BUF TBD -
Matt Barkley QB 27 SF TBD -
Ryan Nassib QB 27 JAC TBD -
Zach Mettenberger QB 26 PIT TBD -
David Fales QB 27 MIA TBD -
Aaron Murray QB 26 LA TBD -
Bruce Gradkowski QB 34 PIT TBD -
Dylan Thompson QB 25 LA TBD -
Mike Bercovici QB 24 LAC TBD -
Zach Terrell QB
Charlie Whitehurst QB 35 CLE TBD -
Sean Renfree QB 27 TB TBD -
Matt Simms QB 29 ATL TBD

If Shaun Hill still wants to play football he's a good backup QB.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-david-fales-20171023-story.html

David Fales visits Dolphins as team shops for quarterback help

David Fales, who produced a 99.6 passer rating in the four preseason games he played for Miami this summer, has been brought in for a workout, according to a league source. It is possible that Fales will be signed in the coming days because coach Adam Gase prefers to add a quarterback who already knows his offense.

Fales spent the 2015 season with Gase in Chicago, and was with Miami for all of training camp. He completed 27-of-54 passes during the preseason, throwing for 424 yards and five touchdowns in the exhibition season, but didn’t make it onto the 53-man roster because the Dolphins decided to only carry two quarterbacks.

If Shaun Hill still wants to play football he's a good backup QB.

Shaun Hill was actually a really solid backup guy for a number of years, but at this point I think he's probably too old and has been out of football for too long. He also doesn't know the system, which means... what would be the point?

Bunglez hits the name on the head, though. We're looking for someone to back up Matt Moore for a week or two before he gets sent back to the unemployment line, and to take second team practice reps while Cutler is on the shelf. You get someone who is familiar with the offense, even if he sucks. You aren't expecting to win games if you need your 4th starting QB of the season, but you want someone who can actually run the damn playbook in practice.

Won't be much practice this week. Doughty will probably be the dressed backup vs Balt. Thought I saw him standing next to Tannehill on the sideline yesterday.

Where is Steve Deberg when you need him.

I am sure the NFL would love for us to sign Kap. Since you would assume it would nullify his lawsuit.

I’m gonna agree that tj Yates is probably the most likely candidate

On a short week though likely gonna activate whoever the camp qb was that’s in the building

Back
Top Bottom