Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall vs. Packers CB Charles Woodson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall vs. Packers CB Charles Woodson

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
This is a match made in heaven between two players who are considered among the best at their positions, although Woodson has been a bit sporadic through five games. Marshall had a big game in Week Three against the Jets matched up opposite CB Antonio Cromartie, who played well in this week’s Monday nighter against the Vikings. Cromartie had major problems covering Marshall, though, allowing him to catch 10 passes for 166 yards and a TD. Marshall wasn’t that big a factor the next week against New England, catching five passes for 50 yards, in Miami’s Monday-night loss to the Pats. But look for him to be refreshed and ready to give his best coming off a well-timed bye week.

Woodson has had some issues this season and is actually being outperformed by Tramon Williams on the right corner. But he remains a top-grade corner with a big-play fair.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/10/12/packers-dolphins-matchup-of-the-day-tuesday

I suspect that Woodson will cover Bess and Marshall will draw a double. I realize that Woodson was the DPOY last year but he is not starting out at that level as the writer mentions. Unless the Packers opt to run a 2 deep with Woodson staying on Marshall. I'm sure all teams in the league will be playing a shell defense against Henne. If so, this will be the time to get the running game going.

i think we will run run run unless we are down. hopefully we can get some good play action passes in this game. brandon will be a factor tho imo

I wanna see us run for more than 150 yrds and thats combining ricky and Ronnie. and throw for at least 250 yrds and Win of course I need to see this offense pick it up. we r ranked in the high teens in offense and we need to do better and especilly score points Henne has 5 TD is 4 games pathetic. and rONNIE 1 rush td??? IN 5 GAMEs?? what the hell is going on damn Henning.

Brandon Marshall can go up against any cb in the league. as good as woodson maybe, hes been struggling this year. the beast will be fine, not worried.

I wrote this in another thread, but I don't think the Packers usually stick Woodson on one receiver for an entire game. They move him all around the field and frequently send him on blitzes. He never has been a shut down corner IMO. He doesn't look much different this year than he did last year. But he has a penchant for making big plays. He is also good at forcing fumbles and making tackles. Marshall has a size advantage on him. If anything, I would want the tight ends and running backs to be aware of him on blitzes and ball carriers to cover up when they are being tackled.

The thing I've noticed with Woodson is that he is definitely a playmaker. Has a great break to the ball and makes some outstanding plays. However I don't think he is an absolute shutdown corner. He does give up some receptions and the occasional bigger play. I expect a decent game from Marshall. But wouldn't be surprised is Woodson has a big play or a pick sometime in the game if he is on The Beast.

Back
Top Bottom