Don't sleep on the 2017 Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't sleep on the 2017 Miami Dolphins

Honestly, besides New England, is there a team that Miami is that far behind?

When healthy, I think the Dolphins match-up against the next in line like the Raiders, Steelers and Chiefs. Right now, the Patriots are clearly and deservedly the team to beat.

You need a prescription to read that narcotic-like article. Bless you for sharing.

hi-res-06461168c73dfd0330a4efa54797edbd_crop_north.jpg

So yeah, the Patriots are overwhelming Super Bowl favorites entering training camp, which explains why we still aren't talking about the Dolphins.

That, however, is a mistake.

Because the Dolphins are good. I'd venture as far as to say that they'd have a strong shot at winning a division crown next season if they played in the AFC South, NFC East or NFC West, and they'd give division favorites like the Pittsburgh Steelers, Oakland Raiders, Green Bay Packers and Atlanta Falcons runs for their money in the AFC North, AFC West, NFC North and NFC South, respectively.

Wrong division, wrong time.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2719652-dont-sleep-on-the-2017-miami-dolphins

Honestly, besides New England, is there a team that Miami is that far behind?

When healthy, I think the Dolphins match-up against the next in line like the Raiders, Steelers and Chiefs. Right now, the Patriots are clearly and deservedly the team to beat.

I would say that Oakland, Denver, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh have an edge over us. But I'm basing that on last year's play, and mostly because of the defense.

I would say that Oakland, Denver, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh have an edge over us. But I'm basing that on last year's play, and mostly because of the defense.
Agreed. The thing holding us back, and which has held us back for some time now, is finding out the team's identity. All of those teams listed have a unit or two that are tops in the league. We're usually in the bottom 10-15 in offense/defense.

KC has a top 10 defense to go along with one of the best TEs in Kelce and the most explosive player in Tyreek Hill.
Oakland has a young QB, one of the better OLs, and a good 1-2 punch at WR with Amari and Crabtree. Not to mention Mack on defense though I'd say we have a better D.
Denver has a top 5 defense
Pittsburgh has the best combination of skill positions at QB, RB, and WR in the NFL.
Miami has one of the best slot receivers in the NFL, top 10 Safety, and a top DE. That's it or what is usually perceived by outsiders.

Denver doesn't have the edge seeing as how they were 9-7 last year which was a notch below Miami. The Dolphins beat Pittsburgh earlier in the season when they were healthier.

Oakland and Kansas City? Those might be the 2 who have an edge over Miami. We'll find out this year in Week 9 and 16.

Denver doesn't have the edge seeing as how they were 9-7 last year which was a notch below Miami. The Dolphins beat Pittsburgh earlier in the season when they were healthier.

Oakland and Kansas City? Those might be the 2 who have an edge over Miami. We'll find out this year in Week 9 and 16.
the only thing hold denver back is qb in afc... and they still managed win 9 games. They had first place schedule also. Ravens and titans are bad match up for dolphins as well. So we got some thing to do as well....to make playoff again we will have to win 10 games....

the only thing hold denver back is qb in afc... and they still managed win 9 games. They had first place schedule also. Ravens and titans are bad match up for dolphins as well. So we got some thing to do as well....to make playoff again we will have to win 10 games....

Their schedule wasn't so daunting. Yeah they have KC and OAK in their division, and they played New England, Houston, and Atlanta, but they also played Jacksonville, Carolina, SD twice, Cincy, Indianapolis, etc. It wasn't murderers row.

They also still have QB issues.

Their schedule wasn't so daunting. Yeah they have KC and OAK in their division, and they played New England, Houston, and Atlanta, but they also played Jacksonville, Carolina, SD twice, Cincy, Indianapolis, etc. It wasn't murderers row.

Dolphins look good this yr on paper... I hope we make playoff this yr. If that happens people will know we are for real.

But they won 9 game without one well How many time we did that. Thill17 have never won 9 games as started.. look at big picture all I am saying is it going be tough game.. for us... these are games I feel uncomfortable with ten,bal cin,kc,oak buf, atl, tb,,car,n.o,n.e.

But they won 9 game without one well How many time we did that. Thill17 have never won 9 games as started.. look at big picture all I am saying is it going be tough game.. for us... these are games I feel uncomfortable with ten,bal cin,kc,oak buf, atl, tb,,car,n.o,n.e.

To be fair, Trevor Siemian didn't have a terrible year. He went 8-6, had 3,401 yards, 18 TDs, and 10 INTs.

You try and knock Tannehill by saying he never won 9 games. Well, neither did Siemian.

Back
Top Bottom