Down The Tubes Season? Then We Should... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Down The Tubes Season? Then We Should...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
...play all the rooks in 2012 with Tanne at the helm. What is the difference if, according to most, we are going to end up with losing season even with the vets on the field. A full year of "on the field" play (for all the rooks) will only help our game in 2013.

Yes or No?

...play all the rooks in 2012 with Tanne at the helm. What is the difference if, according to most, we are going to end up with losing season even with the vets on the field. A full year of "on the field" play (for all the rooks) will only help our game in 2013. Yes or No?
No

I don’t think we're helping T’Hill by just throwing him to the wolves if he's not ready to play. The ultimate test of his readiness will be to have him play but I think he should have to earn his playing time, at least for a season or two.

...play all the rooks in 2012 with Tanne at the helm. What is the difference if, according to most, we are going to end up with losing season even with the vets on the field. A full year of "on the field" play (for all the rooks) will only help our game in 2013.

Yes or No?
No. For anything constructive to happen the experiences have to be the kind that they can learn from. As much as we'd like to believe all the rookies are good at this time, likely some are not as good as we think now. Investing NFL experience into a player/coach relationship should only be done if we think there's a reasonable chance that we will get something back on our investment. Likely, our team of the future will combine some of today's Vets and Rookies. The concept of a "we're rebuilding so let's just go with youth" approach is foolish because a lot of the teaching that happens is on the field with the veteran players.

No, the best players play or Philbin loses the respect of the players and complete credibility in the locker room. There is a difference between developing players and throwing them to the wolves.

No, the best players play or Philbin loses the respect of the players and complete credibility in the locker room. There is a difference between developing players and throwing them to the wolves.

Exactly... there's more to developing the team and it's culture than "experience".

No i think we will be fine this year................

I think the Dolphins are really being underestimated this upcoming season. Especially by the James Walker, insomnia411 and Dr. Phin's of the world.

The best players should always play and you build your team for the future that way. You never just throw people in to get experience or try and tank a season. The team has talent despite what some might try to tell you. Are the Dolphins primed to make a run or go real far? No, but the building blocks are certainly there and as I have been saying with the schedule and talent a 8-8 or 9-7 season is not unrealistic to think can happen.

8-8 or 9-7 season is not unrealistic to think can happen.

Nah, I think 10-6 or even 11-5 is a real possibility if one of the QBs wakes up and excels.

If not, then it's more likely another sub .500 season and top ten pick again.

Same 'ol same 'ol.

Back
Top Bottom