Draft Countdown 2014 NFL Draft Results & Analysis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Countdown 2014 NFL Draft Results & Analysis

It's interesting. Everyone is saying James is fine as the pick, but lower the draft grade because Hickey didn't trade back to get him. That's not all that informative of a grade about the player. Maybe that's not the point of a draft grade though... At least all of these guys can come in and start working right away, no injuries to deal with.

I know James was a reach, but is it also possible that the media had him way underrated? His value may have been late 1st round and, if so, Hickey didn't want to lose him. This much is true - James is a great fit and although he's not considered elite, his pass blocking is pretty close. An offensive lineman that can give his qb an extra second or two is pretty valuable. Perhaps the Dolphins could have added an extra 3rd rounder with a trade down, but it's also possible that another team valued James pretty high as well.

Draft grades are interesting. Look at the Rams getting an elite talent on offense (Robinson) and defense (Dobson). That has to be considered an A grade, since a lot of teams don't get one elite player in a draft. On the other hand, what if a team gets 3-4 solid starters? Is that an A grade as well? If so, that might be what Miami did.

James is an immediate starter and an upgrade over Clabo. I'm going on record to say that Landry starts over Gibson. Turner should be a starter at LG or RG. I absolutely love that pick as he adds physicality to the line. Down the road, maybe sooner than later, Tripp could be a starter as well.

I know James was a reach, but is it also possible that the media had him way underrated? His value may have been late 1st round and, if so, Hickey didn't want to lose him. This much is true - James is a great fit and although he's not considered elite, his pass blocking is pretty close. An offensive lineman that can give his qb an extra second or two is pretty valuable. Perhaps the Dolphins could have added an extra 3rd rounder with a trade down, but it's also possible that another team valued James pretty high as well.

Draft grades are interesting. Look at the Rams getting an elite talent on offense (Robinson) and defense (Dobson). That has to be considered an A grade, since a lot of teams don't get one elite player in a draft. On the other hand, what if a team gets 3-4 solid starters? Is that an A grade as well? If so, that might be what Miami did.

James is an immediate starter and an upgrade over Clabo. I'm going on record to say that Landry starts over Gibson. Turner should be a starter at LG or RG. I absolutely love that pick as he adds physicality to the line. Down the road, maybe sooner than later, Tripp could be a starter as well.

I wholeheartedly agree there's a very good chance the media has is wrong with James. They had it wrong with plenty of other prospects as well. Just look at some of the guys expe ted to go in the second round that didn't even get drafted, including Jame's OT teammate, Richardson from Tennessee, and the DT, Anthony Johnson we signed as an UDFA from LSU. How many mocks had Zach Martin going to the Cowboys?

Back
Top Bottom