"Draft edge is not in Miami Dolphins’ favor" "Marshall Factor" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Draft edge is not in Miami Dolphins’ favor" "Marshall Factor"

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/...in-miami-dolphins.html#storylink=omni_popular

Does Armando ever write anything positive about the Dolphins? Not that anything he writes is good or accurate anyway.....case and point below

"By the time the Dolphins get to their second scheduled pick, the third-rounder that represents the 74th overall selection, the Patriots already could have picked five times, adding five players to Miami’s two."

I could be wrong but arent the Dolphins picking 79th in the 3rd round??

"The Dolphins will go to this coming draft with very little in the form of ammunition. They have one draft pick in the first round. They have one pick in the third round. And they have an appointment with their chiropractor in the second round." :ponder::err: just another ignorant and useless sentence

"The troubling thing is the outgunned Dolphins are expected to somehow make up ground on the Patriots in the standings while having half as many draft picks. Hey, it can happen. Don’t bicycles pass Ninja motorcycles on I-95 all the time?" this guy is a clown....

Armando even goes on to bring up the Marshall trade, get over it Armando two 2nd round picks for a top 10 WR (Top 5 with a good QB) is a steal, the chances of finding a Brandon Marshall type player and production in the 2nd round is slim so to give up even two 2nd's for a guarntee is worth it

Marshall factor
It could be argued the Dolphins invested wisely in surrendering their second-round picks last year. Marshall, after all, was solid in 2010 with 86 receptions for 1,014 yards and three touchdowns.

The only factor that decides whether the trade is holding its value today is whether the Dolphins could pick up equal value for Marshall. Would some team give the Dolphins two second-round picks for the receiver today?

And would the Dolphins hold Marshall in such high esteem as to never consider giving him up for multiple second-round picks in the first place?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/...in-miami-dolphins.html#storylink=omni_popular

Does Armando ever write anything positive about the Dolphins? Not that anything he writes is good or accurate anyway.....case and point below

"By the time the Dolphins get to their second scheduled pick, the third-rounder that represents the 74th overall selection, the Patriots already could have picked five times, adding five players to Miami’s two."

I could be wrong but arent the Dolphins picking 79th in the 3rd round??

"The Dolphins will go to this coming draft with very little in the form of ammunition. They have one draft pick in the first round. They have one pick in the third round. And they have an appointment with their chiropractor in the second round." :ponder::err: just another ignorant and useless sentence

"The troubling thing is the outgunned Dolphins are expected to somehow make up ground on the Patriots in the standings while having half as many draft picks. Hey, it can happen. Don’t bicycles pass Ninja motorcycles on I-95 all the time?" this guy is a clown....

Armando even goes on to bring up the Marshall trade, get over it Armando two 2nd round picks for a top 10 WR (Top 5 with a good QB) is a steal, the chances of finding a Brandon Marshall type player and production in the 2nd round is slim so to give up even two 2nd's for a guarntee is worth it

Marshall factor
It could be argued the Dolphins invested wisely in surrendering their second-round picks last year. Marshall, after all, was solid in 2010 with 86 receptions for 1,014 yards and three touchdowns.

The only factor that decides whether the trade is holding its value today is whether the Dolphins could pick up equal value for Marshall. Would some team give the Dolphins two second-round picks for the receiver today?

And would the Dolphins hold Marshall in such high esteem as to never consider giving him up for multiple second-round picks in the first place?

Do what I do and stop reading Armando's coulombs.

I hit my thumb with a hammer once and now I try not to do that anymore.

Armando is a clown not the *** clown Omar is, but close! Marshall was a no brainer and I still make that trade, it is not the WRs fault his QB sucks in the redzone and still has no clue hoe to throw a back shoulder fade!

This just in HackMando our second round picks have been Merling, Henne, White, Smith, and Misi. All of them together can't tie B Marsh's shoes.

Speaking of the draft, the Patriots are the most overrated team in the NFL.

06-08 was a bad run outside of Mayo, Gostkowski and maybe Meriweather, althought the past 2 drafts have been much improved, and overall the Patriots were one of the better drafting teams of the past decade. If I had to go with the most overrated drafting team it would be Baltimore.

? explain.

For all the hype Ozzie's drafting has gotten, his team is still second fiddle to Pittsburgh after all these years and he's not even the best GM in the AFCN. His drafts during the mid 2000s were mediocre and his 2010 draft doesn't look all that good, which is ironic considering how pretty much every analyst said the Ravens had the best draft last year. He's a good, quality GM, but not anywhere near the best imo.

For all the hype Ozzie's drafting has gotten, his team is still second fiddle to Pittsburgh after all these years and he's not even the best GM in the AFCN. His drafts during the mid 2000s were mediocre and his 2010 draft doesn't look all that good, which is ironic considering how pretty much every analyst said the Ravens had the best draft last year. He's a good, quality GM, but not anywhere near the best imo.

So other NFL teams draft class het one year to pan out and if they don't it is not that good? The Dolphins draft classes however get 3-5 years before they are written off!

Face it if we had Ozzie pulling the trigger in our war room over the last decade we would have a franchise QB, a dominant oline and a nasty D! Instead we have a 3 ring circus.

What I meant to say was that his most recent draft class hasn't lived up to the hype it received. Right after the draft ended everyone annointed them draft champs because they got 2 supposed first round talents in the second round, who were both non-factors this past season, although that whole class could definitely step up and improve. My main point was that for all the hype Ozzie's drafting has gotten, his team has under-achieved for the past decade. He's not a bad GM by any means, but he's not even the best GM in his own division. There are a several GMs who I would consider better than him at the moment.

I've changed my mind, it's a tie between the Colts or Chargers for the most overrated drafting team. Polian has ignored the teams' needs for years now and AJ Smith hasn't put together a good draft since the mid 2000s.

Back
Top Bottom