Draft Eve Final Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Eve Final Mock

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Doesn't it feel kind of like Christmas Eve when you were a kid and getting excited about the gifts you were about to receive!!!

I don't think Ireland will trade up....but he may trade down if the Big Three OT's are gone, along with Eifert and Austin.

My mock is based on who should realistically be on the board in each round, combined with our biggest needs. I also think we will make an effort to sign John Abraham at DE, rather than drafting a DE.

1. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame - To me this is the smartest and safest pick. There is virtually zero chance this guy will be a bust, unlike some others who we have been looking at. Eifert and Keller would give us two big targets that would be very tough to cover.

2A. Terron Armstead, OT, Ark. Pine Bluff or Kyle Long, OT, Oregon - I like both of these guys and they should play opposite whichever tackle position Martin is put at. I have a feeling Armstead will be off the board before we pick, so we select Howie's son and pencil him in for ten years. Great bloodlines.

2B. Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

3A. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State

3B. Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern

4. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin

5A. Josh Boyce, WR, TCU

5B. A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State

7A. KICKER - Dustin Hoffman, Caleb Sturgis or Matt Baer (Goodbye Carpenter).

7B. Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt

7C. BPA

Not bad except I think the Phins are going to trade for albert

I just don't think Ireland is going to spend the money Albert wants. We can sign Eric Winston for $3-4 Million....less than half of what Albert is demanding, and we don't lose a second rounder in the process. Winston also went to the U and he won't drop dead in the heat, like Albert.

I would be very happy with that draft. Just don't see a need for a RB to be drafted in the 5 rounds. We have Lamar Miller who will step up I think we should go after a Zac Stacy later in the draft. Guy will be a solid backup to fringe starter for a way later pick.

Good realistic mock. Wouldn't shock me at all if Long is on our radar. Even if he ends up at guard long term. His athleticism should make him an attractive prospect for our ZBS.

Kinda hope your wrong but you are probably right.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Looks pretty good sign you up for GM

I just dont see Eifert being this elite TE like many think he will be. I see a good TE like Greg Olsen but not worthy of being drafted that high. Most will say that O-line prospects are the "easiest" (if you can say that) to evaluate. Low bust potential in O-lineman in the first round, historically.

I just dont see Eifert being this elite TE like many think he will be. I see a good TE like Greg Olsen but not worthy of being drafted that high. Most will say that O-line prospects are the "easiest" (if you can say that) to evaluate. Low bust potential in O-lineman in the first round, historically.

I agree about Eifert, but for me, I don't buy the seam threat TE fad. TEs are either seam threats or they aren't...the same as they ever have been. Brady is the reason TEs are so in style right now, not Gronk and Hernandez IMO.

My preference @ RB is Franklin from UCLA.

If I'm not mistaken the Bruins use a ZBS. However, I'd bet Franklin is the 2nd RB off the board so he may be gone by pick #42

My preference @ RB is Franklin from UCLA.

If I'm not mistaken the Bruins use a ZBS. However, I'd bet Franklin is the 2nd RB off the board so he may be gone by pick #42

Yeah I also really like Franklin, and I think he will go somewhere in the second round. I doubt Ireland would take a RB in the first two rounds, when we really have to get O-lineman, a TE, and some d-backs, but if Franklin were to drop to round three I would be running to the podium to get him.

I think you are wrong. Eifert is a much prospect than Olsen coming out of college. Much better body control and more natural receiver

1. Tyler Eifert TE, ND
2a. Terron Armstead OT, Ark PB (this is the key to the draft and my biggest worry. He could EASILY be gone at 42)
2b. Alex Okafor DE, TX
3a. Robert Alford CB, SE Lou OR Jordan Poyer CB Org St (pretty sure one of these two will be here and both are good fits for our zone)
3b. Ryan Swopes WR, Tx A&M
4. Zaviar Gooden OLB Missouri
5a. David Quessenberry OT San Jose st
5b. Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
7a Jawan Jamison RB Rutgers
7b. Lawrence Okoye DT
7c. Reggie Dunn KR, Utah

Doesn't it feel kind of like Christmas Eve when you were a kid and getting excited about the gifts you were about to receive!!!

I don't think Ireland will trade up....but he may trade down if the Big Three OT's are gone, along with Eifert and Austin.

My mock is based on who should realistically be on the board in each round, combined with our biggest needs. I also think we will make an effort to sign John Abraham at DE, rather than drafting a DE.

1. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame - To me this is the smartest and safest pick. There is virtually zero chance this guy will be a bust, unlike some others who we have been looking at. Eifert and Keller would give us two big targets that would be very tough to cover.

2A. Terron Armstead, OT, Ark. Pine Bluff or Kyle Long, OT, Oregon - I like both of these guys and they should play opposite whichever tackle position Martin is put at. I have a feeling Armstead will be off the board before we pick, so we select Howie's son and pencil him in for ten years. Great bloodlines.

2B. Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

3A. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State

3B. Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern

4. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin

5A. Josh Boyce, WR, TCU

5B. A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State

7A. KICKER - Dustin Hoffman, Caleb Sturgis or Matt Baer (Goodbye Carpenter).

7B. Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt

7C. BPA

you have us taking a CB with #3 and #4 and from the same School???

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

and I would love to get Montee ball with 4th pick, but dont think he drops into the 4th round

Hope you're right OP. I could see us taking Long at 2a, Ireland does like taking guys that have successful brothers in the NFL, although I would prefer Armstead.

Back
Top Bottom