"Draft Guru" Side Bet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Draft Guru" Side Bet

His'nBeatYour'n

Would I be a Parcells guy?
Reaction score
Just for fun, last year, I compared my GM league draft picks to the "real" NFL draft to see where I reached and where I was able to get a steal. In the end I wound up with this.

2006 PANTHERS
Round 1 - 13th overall - LenDale White - RB - USC NFL Round 2 - 45th overall -32
Round 2 - 54th overall - Greg Jennings - WR - Western Michigan NFL Round 2 - 52nd overall +2
Round 4 - 110th overall -
Babatunde Oshinowo - DT - Stanford NFL Round 6 - 181st overall -71
Round 4 - 120th overall - Dee Webb - CB - Florida NFL Round 7 - 236th overall -116
Round 6 - 169th overall - Owen Daniels - TE - Wisconsin NFL Round 4 - 98th overall +71
Round 7 - 211 overall - Jeremy Mincey - DE - Florida NFL Round 6 - 191st overall +20
Round 7 - 218 overall - Calvin Lowry - S - Penn State NFL Round 4 - 102nd overall +116
Round 7 - 222 overall - Charles Gordon - CB - Kansas NFL Undrafted -2
So I was thinking that we could do a side bet to see who the best "draft guru" GM is.

Since we don't all have the same amount of picks, the winner would be the player with the best average.

My net differential was -12, with 8 picks I averaged -1.5.

The Rules.

1. Minimum donation is $250. Your donation will go to the same "dummy" account set up for the league prize pool. Simply put your User name, Team name, and "Draft Guru" as the reason for the donation. http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=21927
2. Only those who have made a minimum donation of $250 are eligible for the prize. Please add a post to this thread when you have made your donation.
3. You must make this donation by Sunday April 22nd (a week before the NFL draft)
4. Your score is simple. If you drafted a player lower than he was drafted in the NFL, you receive a point for each spot he slipped in the GM draft. If you draft a player higher than he was drafted in the NFL, you lose a point for each spot. Add them all together and divide by the total number of picks you had. That is your score. The winner will be the GM with the best average score.
5. Each player is responsible for calculating their own score. The winner will have their score validated. You will have until May 5th to submit your score (one week after the NFL draft.)
6. If you draft an undrafted NFL player, his NFL pick will be #256, one spot after Mr. Irrelevant.
7. If you traded your draft pick, or acquired a rookie by trade, only the team that originally drafted the player may receive the score.

I think i did really well last year...I got Addia Wimbley Merecedes Lewis in round 2 and mario williams at 5 aj hawk at 9 i had so many picks in this last year im not even sure who all i had

hahaha i made my first pick, which was santonio holmes, then i think every pick was made for me, other than brent hawkins.

Is it to late to get some of this action now the draft has started? if not i'll throw some bucks in

Is it to late to get some of this action now the draft has started? if not i'll throw some bucks in

I don't see why not. I'd say people can enter all the way up until the start of the real draft. When you make your donation, make sure you put the draft guru contest in the "reason" section.

Just noticed the rules say April 22nd, Sweet i'm in

Updated new rule # 7, to clear up questions about traded rookies. Only the team that originally drafted the player can/will receive that score after the NFL draft.

Back
Top Bottom