Draft Networks Miami 7 round Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Networks Miami 7 round Mock

I ****ing love this draft! Thanks for posting, as Kyle hasn't really talked Dolphins draft in a while, and I feel pretty vindicated as my mocks have been going pretty similarly.

Going WR round 1 and RB round 2 are almost a must, IMO. As Kyle says, fix the line in FA with KNOWN QUANTITIES, we have $80 mill, this shouldn't be that hard! There's at least 4 WRs that should be a slam dunk fit that could be there at our first pick, all good value (Jameson, Wilson, Olave, Burks). RB, I really hope one of Spiller, Walker or Charbonnet will be there in the 2nd; we'll see how the combine goes.

With our pick in round 3 and our two in round 4, I also have some combination of Edge, LB, and OL. OL is important because even though we've fixed it in FA, it doesn't hurt to have depth, and I've frequently drafted Andrew Stueber at #100, who I feel could immediately push Davis off the roster. Funny enough, I've also drafted Muma and Mafe a few times, I feel both would be good fits for our roster.

With our picks in rounds 5,6, and 7, we can be pretty flexible here; another CB would be nice. The only thing I'd really love to see here is a double dip at RB, something to complement our other pick and push all the RB3s on our roster. Since I usually go Walker (mostly because his deadly jump-cuts are so fun to watch), a weapon in the passing game would be nice here.

22. Garrett Wilson WR, Ohio State
54. Kenneth Walker III RB, Michigan State
100. Andrew Stueber OT, Michigan
116. Amaré Barno EDGE, Virginia Tech
119. Leo Chenal LB, Wisconsin
163. Andrew Vorhees IOL, USC
198. Jeffrey Gunter EDGE, Coastal Carolina
220. Zonovan Knight RB, NC State

Edit: I'm pretty surprised to see so much love for Burks, who seems like a more physical Parker, rather than Wilson or Williams, guys more in the mold of Waddle. Tua likes guys who separate NOW. We've also seen what this offense looks like without Waddle, and it was noticeably worse than how it looks without Parker. We need a second Waddle.

I ****ing love this draft! Thanks for posting, as Kyle hasn't really talked Dolphins draft in a while, and I feel pretty vindicated as my mocks have been going pretty similarly.

Going WR round 1 and RB round 2 are almost a must, IMO. As Kyle says, fix the line in FA with KNOWN QUANTITIES, we have $80 mill, this shouldn't be that hard! There's at least 4 WRs that should be a slam dunk fit that could be there at our first pick, all good value (Jameson, Wilson, Olave, Burks). RB, I really hope one of Spiller, Walker or Charbonnet will be there in the 2nd; we'll see how the combine goes.

With our pick in round 3 and our two in round 4, I also have some combination of Edge, LB, and OL. OL is important because even though we've fixed it in FA, it doesn't hurt to have depth, and I've frequently drafted Andrew Stueber at #100, who I feel could immediately push Davis off the roster. Funny enough, I've also drafted Muma and Mafe a few times, I feel both would be good fits for our roster.

With our picks in rounds 5,6, and 7, we can be pretty flexible here; another CB would be nice. The only thing I'd really love to see here is a double dip at RB, something to complement our other pick and push all the RB3s on our roster. Since I usually go Walker (mostly because his deadly jump-cuts are so fun to watch), a weapon in the passing game would be nice here.

22. Garrett Wilson WR, Ohio State
54. Kenneth Walker III RB, Michigan State
100. Andrew Stueber OT, Michigan
116. Amaré Barno EDGE, Virginia Tech
119. Leo Chenal LB, Wisconsin
163. Andrew Vorhees IOL, USC
198. Jeffrey Gunter EDGE, Coastal Carolina
220. Zonovan Knight RB, NC State

Edit: I'm pretty surprised to see so much love for Burks, who seems like a more physical Parker, rather than Wilson or Williams, guys more in the mold of Waddle. Tua likes guys who separate NOW. We've also seen what this offense looks like without Waddle, and it was noticeably worse than how it looks without Parker. We need a second Waddle.
What's your view on Metchie? I know he was injured and I've seen 2nd to 3rd round grades. But definitely looks like someone who gets good separation.

I like Walker, but there's a hesitancy to his running a lot of times. I guess you could call it patience, but not sure that fits Miami. At least with the current group on the offensive line.

I could see offensive line in the first, Bell or Metchie in the 2nd. Though I'd hate to miss on a top RB. Could be a FA acquisition.

What's your view on Metchie? I know he was injured and I've seen 2nd to 3rd round grades. But definitely looks like someone who gets good separation.

I like Walker, but there's a hesitancy to his running a lot of times. I guess you could call it patience, but not sure that fits Miami. At least with the current group on the offensive line.

I could see offensive line in the first, Bell or Metchie in the 2nd. Though I'd hate to miss on a top RB. Could be a FA acquisition.

If the phins could get Abram Smith (Baylor) or Leddy Brown (W Va) in round 3 or 4; I'd be content.

I love this draft as well. I'm assuming Miami would have already signed an OT during F/A.

Whichever WR in that group Miami may have a chance to select should improve the team. Its almost imperative Miami targets that RB in round 2, not sure why Breese Hall has been falling in recent mocks? But he's another guy I'd think, would interest the Dolphins.

One guy who seems to be rising with good reason is Tulsa OT Tyler Smith who's as rough and tough, knock your block off; as they come. He could be someone Miami targets on day three?

As for Finheaven Brother Guh-sick-ee I love, Wisconsin LB Leo Chanel. He's a really good fit for a Flores Defense. He's extremely versatile. Who's just recently declared for the draft. Love this kid. Coastal Carolina Edge Gunter is very underrated and think he'd be quite a steal late in the draft.

Last edited:
I was reading up on that WR from North Dakota State, Watson. What you think of him?

Passing on Burke for Olave would not sit well with me.

I do think Burke is a better choice and, potentially, a better fit than Olave.

I assume the two of your actually mean Treylon Burks.

I'd actually be more upset if they took Burks or Olave over Tyler Linderbaum in that scenario.

It can surely be argued which is BPA, but it seems close enough to me to take the much larger need.

Back
Top Bottom