Draft Networks Miami 7 round Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Networks Miami 7 round Mock

I assume the two of your actually mean Treylon Burks.

I'd actually be more upset if they took Burks or Olave over Tyler Linderbaum in that scenario.

It can surely be argued which is BPA, but it seems close enough to me to take the much larger need.

IDK, I kind of like the way the Bengals have put playmakers first and waited until the second round for OL. But if I must go corn I think I’d take the best tackle available and not a center. Assuming this regime is intact, I also think Linderbaum might be too small for their taste. It’s going to be interesting to see where the pick falls. 49ers might be a problem in the playoffs.

IDK, I kind of like the way the Bengals have put playmakers first and waited until the second round for OL. But if I must go corn I think I’d take the best tackle available and not a center. Assuming this regime is intact, I also think Linderbaum might be too small for their taste. It’s going to be interesting to see where the pick falls. 49ers might be a problem in the playoffs.

I actually do see the argument for playmakers first. That was my stance last draft. The only reason I’m somewhat ok with drafting a lineman this time around is because they got Waddle last draft and the line is so damned bad.

But the more I’m thinking about it and taking away the feelings and emotions of having watched this line play all season I do believe play makers have more value.

I made the point many times that Waddle has made a larger impact than any single lineman would have. Clearly Ja’Marr Chase has done the same for CINCY.

I remember really coveting 2 of those top receivers from this past draft. We only got one. But adding another this upcoming draft could really go a long way again.

The line can be addressed in FA and also any or all other draft selections.

Pretty solid....

that list pick..

AliveOblongAdmiralbutterfly.webp

I would be upset with that draft

The heart of our draft is that late third, the two fourths, and the two fifths. Five picks right there. Really good opportunity in that range with lots of options, including potential trade ups.

The draft seems to have quite a few linebackers for a change. I’d love to see us get two off ball LB who can run in the draft.

I actually do see the argument for playmakers first. That was my stance last draft. The only reason I’m somewhat ok with drafting a lineman this time around is because they got Waddle last draft and the line is so damned bad.

But the more I’m thinking about it and taking away the feelings and emotions of having watched this line play all season I do believe play makers have more value.

I made the point many times that Waddle has made a larger impact than any single lineman would have. Clearly Ja’Marr Chase has done the same for CINCY.

I remember really coveting 2 of those top receivers from this past draft. We only got one. But adding another this upcoming draft could really go a long way again.

The line can be addressed in FA and also any or all other draft selections.
🤦‍♂️

“Waddle has made a larger impact than any single lineman would have”?

You do realize that Miami ran over 60% of their plays this past season from 12 personnel and opposing defense still got pressure on Tua rushing from their base defense. 😂 They didn’t need to blitz.

Had the Dolphins taken Slater@ 12 they would have a LT who made the pro bowl and is a top 6 LT as a rookie which makes his play as a rookie all that more impressive since he opted out last season @ Northwestern.

The Dolphins would NOT have needed the extra help from TE’s and Rb’s to stay in and
block opposing DE’s, allowing more skill players to run routes and giving the OC more options.

The Dolphins had 2 WR going out facing a combo of 7 or 8 LB’s and Db’s 60% of the time because their line sucked so much. The Dolphins ran 630 plays out of 12 personnel. The rest of the league ran no more than 1/2 that amount from 12 personnel and the Bills and 49ers, who have good lines, ran about 10% from that base. 🤦‍♂️

i don’t know where you get your opinions, maybe playing Madden? I doubt you formed your opinions from actually playing the QBs position.

I’ll take better protection and more options to throw to when passing compared to throwing to 1 above average receiver and keeping skilled player in to help block for me. It’s a recipe for failure.

St. Brown put up similar stats to Waddle and was drafted in the 4th round.. You can’t tell me or any Dolphins fan that is analytical that it was smart to draft a Wr @ 6 while giving back a 1st round pick in 2022 with the Dolphins line as it was in 2021.

Slater, St. Brown and 2022 picks at #15 and #26 are better value than Waddle, Hunter Long and a 2022 26th pick, especially for a team that is nowhere near competing for a SuperBowl.

If this team had made the playoffs this year they would have been bounced just like Pittsburgh did.

I know, you’ll say we can just add 2 tackles in FA this year and fix the line but I’d rather have the LT, who IS a Pro Bowl talent on a rookie contract, instead of paying out 35-40 million for 2 30 something vets who might be already be breaking down like Terron Armstead?

This rebuild has been a total failure and Grier is the culprit and is still here!!! 😂

Back
Top Bottom