Draft prospect Alfonzo Dennard arrested for assaulting a police officer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft prospect Alfonzo Dennard arrested for assaulting a police officer

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
ive seen a couple of mocks with people having us take dennard in the third. so i thought i would post this.

There aren’t many hard-and-fast rules when it comes to the period before a player gets drafted by the NFL.
“Don’t punch a cop in the face” is at or near the top of the list.
Unfortunately, former Nebraska cornerback Alfonzo Dennard didn’t get the memo, allegedly. According to the Omaha World-Herald, Dennard was arrested early Saturday on multiple charges, including suspicion of assaulting a Lincoln, Nebraska police officer.
Dennard allegedly was fighting with another man outside a bar. When the authorities tried to intervene, Dennard allegedly punched one of them in the face.
The second-round (before this incident) prospect faces charges of suspicion of third-degree assault on an officer, resisting arrest, and third-degree assault for the underlying fight.
Dennard, who is expected to remain in jail through the weekend, was ejected from the 2012 Capital One Bowl for fighting with South Carolina receiver Alshon Jeffrey.
In hindsight, it’s a good thing that none of the officials got close enough to get cold-****ed.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ard-arrested-for-assaulting-a-police-officer/

dont get why people but themselves in these kind of situations. a week from the draft and he is at a bar. im not trying to say dont live your life and have fun, but nothing good happens at clubs. why even risk it. just my 2cents.
he is a good player that is going to throw it all away. i dont think we would pick him up anyway with his past problems

Good thinking young man, how much did that night of fun cost him?

Well I don't know about Nebraska but I know here in VA it's an automatic, no ifs ands or buts 6 months for assaulting a police officer. If that's the case there then he is royally screwed.

Throwing punches seems to be a problem for this young man. He got himself and Alshon Jeffrey ejected from the Capital One Bowl for throwing punches.

This particular punch is going to cost him a lot more than an early shower.

I read on NFL.com that he should expect to drop a round, but I think it could be worse. Some teams might kick him off their board completely.

ehhh...he looked like a guy who was gonna have to play safety in the pros to me anyways...too stiff...no interest from me

Well I don't know about Nebraska but I know here in VA it's an automatic, no ifs ands or buts 6 months for assaulting a police officer. If that's the case there then he is royally screwed.

AND RIGHTFULLY SO!! hats off to VA for having this in place. should be ONE YEAR, NO EARLY OUT and lots of community service, anger management classes and working in police community programs [officer supervised] on weekends. any failure in those terms like not completing anger management or refusing community/police services, its 6 more months and it all starts over.

this is assault WITHOUT a weapon or injuries suffered that lands the officer in the hospital. any weapon used on a police officer is a GURANTEED 10 year bit. no early out,no plea bargain and massive anger management classes and services to go with it.

the assaults on our fine policemen and women are becoming epidemic and it has to stop. they know as of now in most places assaulting a cop is not treated any differently and our week laws will be argued by a slick lawyer who will get them off or a hand slap. super stiff penalties should be in place in EVERY STATE, with no early out. if an officer is KILLED, death penalty!! you have 90 days [three months] to get your affairs in order. its enough time to find jesus or have family make it out to see you off [if any] your burial/cremation set up, etc.... and then your lights are shut off!! no appeals unless someone comes up with an OBVIOUS EVIDENCE your innocent , no stays, no delays. BU-BYE!!!

this kid should be doing some time and no team should draft him. teams should make a stand that if your busted for offenses before the draft, your not getting drafted and you have to have PROOF you have done your time, been aquited and attended all mandatory things ordered by the court to be a walk on for any teams camp.

what an idiot!! his momma wont be seeing that big nfl money now.

i bet she is sooooo proud of her boy for "keeping it real"!

Back
Top Bottom