Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins

No way it happens but Pitts at 1B would be phenomenal.

The big problem is NE at 15, I don't want Pitts in our division, especially to that team, I would totally favour a small trade up to get ahead of the Pats to take him at 13 or 14. Pitts could transform our O if paired up with one of the blue chip wideouts.

Zaven Collins
Reshod Bateman
Najee Harris
Azeez Ojulari
Christian Darrisaw
Christian Barmore

It's a great question. To some degree I think it depends on supply and demand. How many edge guys do you like? If someone takes Jones before 2a, who are the options after him?
I don't see a lot of edge guys I'm in love with this draft, but then again, I didn't get to watch a lot of these cats play.

Kwity Paye keeps popping up in my surfing though..

I don't see a lot of edge guys I'm in love with this draft, but then again, I didn't get to watch a lot of these cats play.

There are 3 Miami Hurricanes, Rousseau, Phillips, and Roche. I don’t follow the Canes. Surely somebody here knows that team well?

It's a great question. To some degree I think it depends on supply and demand. How many edge guys do you like? If someone takes Jones before 2a, who are the options after him?
I like Rousseau and Ossai better, but after that... I think he'd be next.

I'm not going to swear to it, but Paye looks more like an edge-setter to me... I mean, I get that he'd give you some sacks, but he doesn't strike me as a pass-rusher... He's a nice piece, but more of a Zach Seiler kind of player.

I think we need bigger guys for our scheme. Not that those guys are small, mind you.

Zaven Collins is interesting to contemplate. I need to dig up some info on him.

View attachment 62833
I think Collins is suited for the inside though... He'll throw an occasional scheme blitz, but I REALLY want an actual pass rusher. We had Taylor and Wake... and saw what those cats could do... even when doubled sometimes... and we don't have one of those.

Ogbah is pretty good, but I don't think he's a star. If I'm looking for a star, my list for this year is one guy... Rousseau. I don't see another guy who screams pass rush.

I like Rousseau and Ossai better, but after that... I think he'd be next.
Ossai could be a great fit. Rousseau strikes me as boom or bust. I'm a little scared off by one year's production, but Flores could do wonders with him.

I think Collins is suited for the inside though... He'll throw an occasional scheme blitz, but I REALLY want an actual pass rusher. We had Taylor and Wake... and saw what those cats could do... even when doubled sometimes... and we don't have one of those.

Ogbah is pretty good, but I don't think he's a star. If I'm looking for a star, my list for this year is one guy... Rousseau. I don't see another guy who screams pass rush.
Parsons could be the best pass rusher in this class. If he's used that way. He is extremely explosive.

It does seem like a down year for edge rushers. Paye is getting a lot of love in mocks.
Kwitty is maybe 6'4" and a little squattier than JT, but heavier than Wake (who was more of an OLB). I've got him as a bit of a tweener... I could be wrong, (I'll always say that), but he reminds me more of Shaq Lawson than anyone else.

I keep thinking that Paye is rising only due to the fact that the pool is so shallow.

Back
Top Bottom