Draft Rumors Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rumors Thread

Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) tweeted at 5:28 PM on Thu, Apr 07, 2016:
Temple wide receiver Robby Anderson works out privately for the Miami Dolphins on Friday

Alex Dunlap
‏@AlexDunlapNFL
BREAKING: #Baylor DE and NFL draft hopeful Shawn Oakman the latest BU player under investigation for Sexual Assault. Story coming.

Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) tweeted at 5:28 PM on Thu, Apr 07, 2016:
Temple wide receiver Robby Anderson works out privately for the Miami Dolphins on Friday

Been talking about this kid. Football Gameplan has a good interview with him. He torched William Jackson III in their matchup a few times. Tall, great hands, shifty and has speed. Rail thin though, raw as a receiver and some teams like him as a CB.

I dunno if lynch will ever be a consistent thrower or if a team will be willing to trade up for him. Rams have 2 2nd rnd picks I think they will shoot for wentz or Goff, but with Fisher who knows. But you would think with moving to LA, ownership has made it a priority for Him to get a qb.

Elway just bought himself a lot of time, he has no pressure to find a QB.

Don't see why the chiefs Would trade up, they got a good team, in there minds there contenders and will use picks on guys who can help now.

Agree the Rams could make that splash move. I do like Lynch, but Prescott could also be an option for Denver. With their defense, they don't need a superstar quarterback.

Agree the Rams could make that splash move. I do like Lynch, but Prescott could also be an option for Denver. With their defense, they don't need a superstar quarterback.

Prescott is a too playground QB for me. I'm not buying the whole Denver is in love with him stuff.

I think they could be in the market for Hackenberg, or maybe thats just because that's who I'd go after if I was them. But I do think he's a good fit for Kubiak.

Tony Pauline wrote:
The Cowboys are one of four teams that have inquired on moving up to the top spot of the draft. The other three teams are the Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets, who are the dark horse. The overall belief around the league is the Jets don’t have the ammunition to move up. The question is would they be willing to move up a half dozen spots if Paxton Lynch falls to the middle of round one?

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Nobody talking about Cook. Weird.

Honestly he reminds me a lot of Tannehill.

Former Western Kentucky tight end Tyler Higbee was arrested Sunday morning and charged with second-degree assault, alcohol intoxication in a public place and second-degree fleeing or evading police.

Higbee, 23, was booked at Warren County Regional Jail at 2:41 a.m. Sunday. He was being held on a $10,000 bond as of Sunday afternoon, according to records available on the jail's website.

Ugly TE class gets uglier.

Update:
One of the more athletic and promising tight ends of the 2016 NFL Draft, Western Kentucky's Tyler Higbee, was arrested early Sunday morning for second-degree assault, public intoxication and evading police, according to Warren County Regional Jail records.

According to a police report obtained by Zach Greenwell of the Bowling Green Daily News, Higbee punched a man outside a Kentucky bar and left the victim with a brain hemorrhage. As of Monday morning, the victim is in stable condition, but still unresponsive.

The victim, Nawaf Alsaleh, was found by police lying unconscious in a bar parking lot "with blood running from his mouth."

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/pol...cle_d19f2e48-fff4-11e5-bf2b-6b722e2f95e0.html

Quote:
The witness "stated Alsaleh's hands were down the entire time and did not assault Higbee."

A second witness "observed Alsaleh on his phone and 2 white males were arguing with him." The witness "said that one of the white males began saying racial slurs towards Alsaleh such as '(expletive) ISIS' and 'White Power' and something like, 'This isn't your (Alsaleh's) country.'"

What a piece of trash. I hope he never gets a chance in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody talking about Cook. Weird.

Many love his arm talent.

Some seem to dislike his personality. A saw a new article that discounted those perceived views but there seems to be a lot out there about him questioning his leadership or personality. Not knowing the kid or really following him over the years, it's tough to judge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lance Zierlien

Hearing rumblings from folks in the know. Look for Darron Lee to go ahead of Ragland and Doctson has a shot at besting Treadwell

Hearing mixed reviews on Kevin Dodd, but S. Lawson isn't fairing as well. I believe Cody Whitehair will fall out of 1st and 6 OTs make it in

There is more & more smoke around Cleveland being willing to deal 2nd pick and draft QB in 2nd round. Something big will happen inside top 5

For a hint at who CLE might target at QB at some point if they were to trade back, scroll down for a clue: [Kevin Hogan]

Lance Zierlien

Lee ahead of Ragland isn't a surprise. Just a matter of time before the media caught up to what's what.

Treadwell is a Michael Irvin type of WR, and Doctson can be as good as he wants. If you're starting a young QB, I'd favor Treadwell; if you need a rock-solid target, I'd favor Treadwell. If you have a veteran QB, and you're looking to add big plays to your offense, Doctson is the obvious choice. I'm not a fan of drafting WR's in the top 15, but both these guys are worth consideration for a team in need of an alpha WR.

If the Browns are thinking a QB at the top of the 2nd, you'd have to think they're looking at Cook or Lynch. It's way too early for Prescott (and I like him better than most). If it weren't the Browns, I'd say it's an indictment on Wentz and Goff. While I like Mayock's most recent rankings, I have to laugh at the idea of Wentz/Goff being equal to Winston/Mariota. Still, I think Wentz is a better QB prospect than Bortles. In terms of physical ability, he's closer to Luck, and his mechanics are much better than Bortles' mechanics were coming out of UCF. Unless Cleveland is willing to pull a Philly and tank 2016 for Watson, they should probably draft Wentz. I'd be surprised to see them go with Goff, given his limited physical tools and small hands. I like Goff in the right situation, but I don't think he's a fit in Cleveland (lucky for him).

I've been really hard on Hogan, but of the twenty, or so, throws I saw from his pro day, his delivery is much more compact, his release quicker. Curious to see if it carries over, but if he gets that fixed, he has a lot going for him. I'd still want to draft him as a developmental QB, rather than a guy you hope starts early.

If the Browns are thinking a QB at the top of the 2nd, you'd have to think they're looking at Cook or Lynch. It's way too early for Prescott (and I like him better than most). If it weren't the Browns, I'd say it's an indictment on Wentz and Goff. While I like Mayock's most recent rankings, I have to laugh at the idea of Wentz/Goff being equal to Winston/Mariota. Still, I think Wentz is a better QB prospect than Bortles. In terms of physical ability, he's closer to Luck, and his mechanics are much better than Bortles' mechanics were coming out of UCF. Unless Cleveland is willing to pull a Philly and tank 2016 for Watson, they should probably draft Wentz. I'd be surprised to see them go with Goff, given his limited physical tools and small hands. I like Goff in the right situation, but I don't think he's a fit in Cleveland (lucky for him).

I never even thought of that. In my mind I figured Hue was such a arrogant bastard he might try to go after a later rnd qb thinking he could make them great.

But if plan was to stack young players and draft Watson, that would make a lot of sense especially based on what they did this off season. It Would also explain why Hue picked CLE over Tenn, who already has a solid roster and a franchise QB. IMO Tenn > CLE was a easy choice, but not If you have your eye on Watson.

IMO Watson is a better qb prospect than Luck. But straight up tanking from day 1 in the NFL is pretty rare.

While actual “player for player” deals have returned to fashion of late– Foles/Bradford, Graham/Unger, McCoy/Alonso in 2015 alone– it’s been awhile since the NFL has seen a blockbuster three-team deal the likes of what appears to be in the works between the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, and Denver Broncos.

Not only does this look like a huge deal, but it makes sense for all three teams.

The key player here is disgruntled Bills QB Tyrod Taylor, whose agent Adisa Bakari has publicly stated disgust for the organization’s handling of his client’s contract.

Taylor, coming off a Pro Bowl season, is due to earn a paltry $3 million in 2016. Saddled by a host of ill-advised big money (McCoy, Clay, Incognito) contracts, the Bills have painted themselves into a corner with Taylor and are at serious risk of seeing him walk as an unrestricted free agent in 2017.

With the unanticipated departure of once-presumed incumbent Brock Osweiler, the Broncos are searching for Peyton Manning’s replacement and smell blood in the Buffalo water.

Until now, they haven’t had enough trade ammunition to get the deal done as sources close to the situation tell us the Bills will only consider trading Taylor “if a commensurate QB asset comes in return.”

Enter the Browns and their number 2 overall pick.

Still smarting from the Johnny Manziel fiasco, Cleveland feels confident at QB with newly-acquired Robert Griffin III but seeks a bevy of additional picks to take a swing at the QB pool while still making reasonable “roster-filling” decisions.

Sources close to Denver management tell us the nuts and bolts of the deal are “pretty much done” pending Cleveland approval.

Chek the link for the trade proposal, I'm to lazy to type it out, would be big though.
http://www.netonesports.com/2016/04/13/bills-broncos-browns-brokering-blockbuster-trade/

Back
Top Bottom