Draft Tek 2013 mock 11/2/12 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Tek 2013 mock 11/2/12

I don't see him as explosive as Mingo but Oregon uses him all over the place. More often than not he's rushing the QB from a two-point stance, I've seen him in coverage over the slot receiver and dropping back in coverage in zone looks. I think his strictly a speed rusher though, doesn't have any pass rush moves and it's basically him trying to get the edge on a Tackle to blow by him for a sack. He's got no power it seems. I just don't see a guy worth a 1st round pick...you're hoping he fills out and gets stronger and that at some point he'll develop some more pass rush moves...but he's a kid that if you run right at him he'll easily get taken out of the play cause he doesn't have the strength to get off the block.

I think he's pretty damn explosive. I'd expect his first year to look like Aldon Smith's - in terms of use, not production. He'd be a player you bring in on passing downs to get after the QB, but his versatility would be nice for some of those 3rd Down blitzes. He's not a base fit opposite Wake until he gets a lot stronger, but he has the frame, and in the meantime, he address one of our 2 or 3 biggest needs (2nd pass rusher) - while adding versatility.

first thing about that mock draft I dont like is mingo ending up with the jets. secondly, I could be mistaken but I thought xavier rhodes got hurt.

at as far as the phins go, at the moment I can't recall how long we have soliai locked up but I think it's only this year. In that case, given the outcome of the mock we are talking about I'd much rather see us take jonathan jenkins. I'd have a hard time looking past the acl injury to hunter.
than I'm going banks and reid in that order.

I hate missing out on keenan allen, but maybe we can find a FA wr, or maybe we just go with anothe solid but not elite WR to have just three solid guys out there. BPA is my thought here. and I think the way that draft unfolded, I want jenkins.

first thing about that mock draft I dont like is mingo ending up with the jets. secondly, I could be mistaken but I thought xavier rhodes got hurt.

at as far as the phins go, at the moment I can't recall how long we have soliai locked up but I think it's only this year. In that case, given the outcome of the mock we are talking about I'd much rather see us take jonathan jenkins. I'd have a hard time looking past the acl injury to hunter.
than I'm going banks and reid in that order.

I hate missing out on keenan allen, but maybe we can find a FA wr, or maybe we just go with anothe solid but not elite WR to have just three solid guys out there. BPA is my thought here. and I think the way that draft unfolded, I want jenkins.
That's a good point. I believe Solai is signed for two years, but that's definitely a position you have to be strong at. As to Hunter, if the top corners and the pass rushers are off the board, I have no problem drafting him. As far as upside goes, I think his may be the highest of all the wide receivers this year. Great talent who would complement Hartline and Bess really well.

Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
Desmond Trufant CB Washington
Baccari Rambo S Georgia
Fuaria TE UCLA
Ryan Swope WR Tex A&M
Christine Michael RB Tex A&M

Here is my first go at knowing nothing...

Back
Top Bottom