Drew Rosenhaus | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Rosenhaus

daywalker

Starter
Reaction score
I don't know why people deal with this guy. He has apparently made a counter offer to the Dolphins for O-Gun. I couldn't believe the deal he got the Bills to sign for McGehee. I like O-Gun but I think he will go the way Mark Brown did, back in the 80's.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but Brown was a LB. He played with Offerdhal and fit our scheme. After years of enduring Olivadotti and his asinine appoarch of it's not the defense, it's the players that play it. I remember sitting there and shouting in my head "Idiot fit your playbook around your players, you moron." But I digress.

Brown came in and shored up the run defense and the team was actually playing better as a unit. Well, after that first yr. with the Dolphins, what did Brown do? You guessed it, he held out. The Dolphins sent him packing to SD and he was never heard of again.

While I do think O-Gun is a decent player, I think he benefitted big from having Jason on the other side. I hope he comes to his senses, fires Rosenhaus and hires an agent with some realistic expectations. Please don't fade into obscurity like another Phin. :rolleyes:

The "Ogun is a product" idea doesn't fit.

Watch him play and you'll see a DE who simply beats tackles. Taylor has little to do with it. JT wasn't double covered last year any more than other top 10 DE's. Teams can't double team him regularly because of the size of T-Bow and Chester. The basis behind playing with two huge tackles is stopping the run and freeing up the DE's.

Before his injury, Wale was a first round prospect. He's physically talented, and watching him play, very little suggests that he is a product of the system.

Well if O-gun is re-signed then that brings a little good news to the organization that we have a great tandem of DE's.

Drew just cares about one thing ..... MONEY. He may ruin Ogun's career over this because if he holds out 10 games this year he will be seen as the most selfish player the NFL has seen recently. Ogun is not gonna get a mega contract after acting so selfishly and being two years from his last big production. The Phins know this, thats why they won't meet Ogun's high contract demands. They hold all the cards. Drew makes alot of noise but its all just a big bluff. I personally hate the guy

Fact is OGun is a RFA and cannot demand huge dollars unless he is will to do what no one or few I remember (Duce Staley ?) have ever done. He needs to get his backside into camp and sign any reasonable L/T deal. If I were him, I w/have signed the 1.8 mil tender and prove I deserve more than Kearse in 2004. I consider his stats to be like those of Leonard Marshall in the LT days even if it is a 3-4 vs 4-3 comparison. Everyone is still more concerned with their QBs back and JT than OGun. OGun has proven that he is a force to be reckoned with even if not as great a force as JT

relax, this is early, Drew cares nothing about keeping OGun out of these camps. He is not going to take anything less than the best deal he can get. Right now there is no pressure on either side to get this done tomorrow, I doubt he holds out long if at all. No if it is the third preseason game, then i will worry.

A player has to get what he can, while he can because the window of opportunity is only so big. Their career's are only so long. And it can all end in an instant.

And why are people blaming this all on Drew?? You can't tell me that Wale wants anything less than the most he can get. You think he wanted to sign that tender?? $1.8 million is a BARGAIN for the Dolphins folks. Everyone knows it.

Yes, Miami picked him up and basically let him rehab for a year and get his feet wet the next. But then Wale rewarded them with a standout season. Then he rewarded them again with a Pro Bowl season. All at minimum salary. Last year Wale made $375K plus some light incentives.

We're past the point of proving oneself. He's proven he's the real deal. Time to pay up. The Phins know it. And a deal will be worked out. Like Brett Tessler said, both sides are doing exactly what they should be doing.

IMO, Drew is not really anti-team (if that is a word). I believe he has only had 1 player under him holding out (E. Rhett?). How many players has he ever held out from the season's start? It's an honest question, and I don't know the actual answer...

Drew has his views on his clients, but I don't believe that he has the ill intent to hurt a team by helping his clients, its just not good business sense...

What Muck and Rickyrunsover said! We opened the door by offering a multi-year contract. It will be worked out.

If OG holds out Drew doesn't get paid. It behooves them both to play, and play he will.

It's a simple matter of negotiation, both sides have their goals and they'll meet somewhere in the middle.

I think O-Gun should of just signed the tender so he could come to camp and not become a distraction. He could've done that and still try to negioate a long term deal. Last year O-Gun was suppose to only make 375 K because he had no rights but the Dolphins decided to give him incentives and he wound up making around 2 Million in incentives i believe. Thats not a lot for a DE of his caliber, but it was more than the Dolphins could have given him. Hopefully O-Gun will sign a deal quickly because last year showed how good a tandem JT and OG could be.

Kistner10 said:
the Dolphins decided to give him incentives and he wound up making around 2 Million in incentives i believe.

I think it was around 600k, base salary and incentives. Does anyone have the actual payoff to Ogun last year??

drew is a good agent and the one i would want to get the best deal for me!while its a sport for us it is still first and foremost a business and ogun earned the rite to get his payday.

pay him the money!

Disnardo said:
I think it was around 600k, base salary and incentives. Does anyone have the actual payoff to Ogun last year??

Clumpy probably does. Hope he reads this thread.

Back
Top Bottom