Drew's Views | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew's Views

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
He was just on and had some interesting things to say. Said he was at all the camps and Feeley did nothing to show he is an upgrade to Fiedler, and that Fiedler is considered an average starter in the NFL. He then busts out with a list of QBs we should look at (Tommy Maddox was on, I didn't know he was on the chopping block), and said we should sign either Collins or Warner because they would be an upgrade to what we have. I don't really know what Drew is thinking sometimes, a couple weeks before the draft he said we should trade a first rounder for Larry Allen :roflmao: Then he said the receivers have no depth and we should trade for Northcutt, would be a good return man and nice slot receiver. He also commented on the Holmgren situation, and said Miami is the best cover team in the NFL and Surtain, Madison, Howard and Poole all play the kind of coverage that Holmgren is b#tching about. Does Rosenhaus remind anyone else of that shark in Finding Nemo?

I think Drew is wrong about WR. I think Derrius Thompson can be a good #3 WR. He was awesome with Washington in 2002, hopefully new receivers coach Jerry Sullivan can help him regain his form and become a solid receiver. Also, Minnis, Tolver, Wilkins, etc. could give us solid depth at WR. I think we will be fine at WR this year.

As for QB, I would never want Warner. When was the last time he won a game? He is done and he would be a terrible fit anyway. Our offensive line is far from being a sure thing (it could be good, or it could be terrible), and if our line isn't great, Warner will get killed. I think Collins would probably be an upgrade over what we have, but it isn't going to happen.

Did you notice how tired Drew looked?...either he was very tired or very wasted. I thought he was going to pass out right there. He wasn't as annoyingly energetic as he usually is. Also his hair wasn't even gelled!! :eek: :tongue:

The video clip they showed of Carey pancaking a D-lineman (not sure who) made me feel all warm and fuzzy :D

Noodle Arm said:
Did you notice how tired Drew looked?...either he was very tired or very wasted. I thought he was going to pass out right there. He wasn't as annoyingly energetic as he usually is. Also his hair wasn't even gelled!! :eek: :tongue:

The video clip they showed of Carey pancaking a D-lineman (not sure who) made me feel all warm and fuzzy :D
Trolls_R_Us, is that you????? :eek:

Everything Drew said was right on. Can you say either way if Thompson is going to be a stud #3 reciever, no, there is a big "if". With our O-line as an "if" right now, there are only so many "ifs" you can have on Offense or we won't be able to accomplish our goal. I feel Northcut is the man, and I am saying it hear, we need him. I think we could use another QB, like Collins in here, we need to win NOW. My opinion.

Carson Palmer sure looked like crap when he got in last preseason. He must not be an upgrade to Jon Kitna.

Ok, I'm being facetious. But you can't judge a first time starter by his first minicamp. By most accounts here, he showed a good arm, some flashes, and improvement. I hate to beat a dead horse here, but I keep pointing at Jake Delhomme. When the season started, he was riding the pine, beaten out by Rodney Peete. As we know, he got hot down the stretch and was excellent in the Super Bowl.

Just takes time. Not everybody can dominate out of the gates like Marino. Heck, Tom Brady didn't look special all the way thru his first Super Bowl. Patience.

Tommy Maddox?? He absolutely sucked last year. And he's on that block. Charlie Batch made more money as the #2 last year than Maddox. And they just drafted Big Ben.

Drew without the gel?? Now all I have to do is see Pat Riley unslicked and my life will be complete!!

Muck said:
Carson Palmer sure looked like crap when he got in last preseason. He must not be an upgrade to Jon Kitna.

Ok, I'm being facetious. But you can't judge a first time starter by his first minicamp. By most accounts here, he showed a good arm, some flashes, and improvement. I hate to beat a dead horse here, but I keep pointing at Jake Delhomme. When the season started, he was riding the pine, beaten out by Rodney Peete. As we know, he got hot down the stretch and was excellent in the Super Bowl.

Just takes time. Not everybody can dominate out of the gates like Marino. Heck, Tom Brady didn't look special all the way thru his first Super Bowl. Patience.

Tommy Maddox?? He absolutely sucked last year. And he's on that block. Charlie Batch made more money as the #2 last year than Maddox. And they just drafted Big Ben.

Drew without the gel?? Now all I have to do is see Pat Riley unslicked and my life will be complete!!

Well, I'm with you on the fact that it is way too early to judge Feeley. But, as for the reports, I have a hard time beleiving many of them aren't being shaded by aqua-colored glasses. Many Dolphin fans are truly PRAYING that Feeley will be an upgrade over Feeley, and there are many that are on the "Anyone-but-Fiedler" bandwagon.

I hate to say it, but I have a feeling Fiedler will end up winning the QB competition. I just hope that Feeley can do enough once he is given his shot to take over the position... becuase Fiedler's past injury history shows he WILL go down sooner or later if he is the starter.

Honestly, I am sort of curious to see what Fiedler can do with TWO quality receivers and a true #1 (Boston)... along with better blocking upfront, and an OC who isn't so predictable. Even if Fiedler were to get back to his 2002-form pre-injury that would be enough to make this offense explosive.

I agree about Northcutt. He'd give us an elite #3 WR & a great return man. He's the perfect slot receiver. I don't want to hear that crap about Derrius Thompson. If you have a chance to get a player like D-Cutt at the right price, you do it.

Ok...all those in favor of tea bagging Drew say "Aye".

Noodle Arm said:
:huh: nope sorry :confused:
We have a guy by that name on the Bills board that had the same signature as you... he said he visits lots of boards so i thought you may be him... oh well

grooves12 said:
Honestly, I am sort of curious to see what Fiedler can do with [...] a true #1 (Boston)... along with [...] an OC who isn't so predictable.

Ok... a true #1 wide receiver? Chambers is one...

Also, most people wouldn't say Turner was predictable (not me, BTW...)

But, I do agree with you. Emotionally, I am on the ABF bandwagon... but rationally, I think he can do the job - as a caretaker QB, that is. I don't expect this offense to be explosive anytime soon - at least not on a consistent basis...

Back
Top Bottom