Drew's Views | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew's Views

sbh1602 said:
Ok... a true #1 wide receiver? Chambers is one...

I disagree... Chambers is a VERY good Wide Receiver, but I don't think he has yet developed to the point where he could be considered THE guy. This can plainly be evidenced by the fact that his production was severely lacking without another threat opposite him. Look at the top guys elsewhere, they produce regardless of who is opposite them and consistently beat doublt teams. Chambers is a GREAT athlete, and can make the outstanding grab, but his route-running and ability to generate seperation by means OTHER than outright speed on an out route.

I know we as Dolphin fans love the guy... but someone that has never topped 1000 yards or 70+ receptions in a season can not be considered among the league greats. Don't get me wrong... I'm a BIG fan of Chambers, I just think he is better as a complimentary receiver, rather than the every-day bread-and-butter production guy.

I'm willing to bet Boston (if healthy) leads Chambers in both receptions and yards... although I have a feeling Chambers will still lead in TD's, because his hands and leaping ability make him a huge threat in the red-zone.

grooves12 said:
I disagree... Chambers is a VERY good Wide Receiver, but I don't think he has yet developed to the point where he could be considered THE guy. This can plainly be evidenced by the fact that his production was severely lacking without another threat opposite him. Look at the top guys elsewhere, they produce regardless of who is opposite them and consistently beat doublt teams. Chambers is a GREAT athlete, and can make the outstanding grab, but his route-running and ability to generate seperation by means OTHER than outright speed on an out route.

I know we as Dolphin fans love the guy... but someone that has never topped 1000 yards or 70+ receptions in a season can not be considered among the league greats. Don't get me wrong... I'm a BIG fan of Chambers, I just think he is better as a complimentary receiver, rather than the every-day bread-and-butter production guy.

I'm willing to bet Boston (if healthy) leads Chambers in both receptions and yards... although I have a feeling Chambers will still lead in TD's, because his hands and leaping ability make him a huge threat in the red-zone.

I see your point. However, he has never had a great QB to throw to him... and, looking at the top guys elsewhere (off the top of my head) they all had one...

sbh1602 said:
I see your point. However, he has never had a great QB to throw to him... and, looking at the top guys elsewhere (off the top of my head) they all had one...

Well here are a few guys that got it done last year WITHOUT a great QB tossing the rock, and most of them without big threats opposite them.

Anquan Boldin ... 101/1377 (Jeff Blake)
Chad Johnson ... 90/1335 (Jon Kitna)
K. McCardell ..... 84/1174 (Brad Johnson)
Steve Smith ..... 88/1110 (Jake Delhomme)
Terrell Owens ... 80/1102 (Garcia/Rattay)

Also, you can put Rod Smith into that category back when Brain Griese was his QB... along with Eric Moulds with the Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie revolving QB.

Drew without the goo? I missed it. By the way Ice, do you know what tea bagging is? I don't think you do!

Drew Rosenhaus became an NFL talent evaluator when?

He's just trying to stir situations up because his current beef is with Miami and the fact Rick Spielman, a rookie GM who he thought he could manipulated, has called his bluff.

SO these comments are based on the first week on minis? His assestment of Feeley has to be consistant. Feeley didn't do well, Jay didn't do well, Snoop diodn't do well, hell, Boston didn't do well. Does Drew think we dropped the ball on getting Boston? Should we cut Boston and go after someone else?

Please, I don't like Drew, and he's an agent, not a scout. Secondly, he's talking major BS because Feeley has a ton of crap to learn. How can he make perfect throws when the receivers miss their marks?

Does anyone really care what that Jackoff has to say? Anyone?

i got one thing to say, hey chambers!!! id go right up her A**! lol hot chick!

grooves12 said:
Well here are a few guys that got it done last year WITHOUT a great QB tossing the rock, and most of them without big threats opposite them.

Anquan Boldin ... 101/1377 (Jeff Blake)
Chad Johnson ... 90/1335 (Jon Kitna)
K. McCardell ..... 84/1174 (Brad Johnson)
Steve Smith ..... 88/1110 (Jake Delhomme)
Terrell Owens ... 80/1102 (Garcia/Rattay)

Also, you can put Rod Smith into that category back when Brain Griese was his QB... along with Eric Moulds with the Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie revolving QB.

That's a pretty good observation, and there have certainly been games where Chambers was AWOL. But, I think our passing game in general has sucked for a while and that's not all Chamber's fault. The OL and the QB and the #2 receiver and the scheme are all part of it.

Well, Moulds is considered a great wideout by your standards and he didn't do much last year if I recall. Also, Chambers was les than 100 yards away from 1,000 yard season, in which the team is run oriented, two different receivers, and a terrible offensive line. I wouldn't say he is elite, but he is definately a number 1 in my book.

I think he will lead the phins in most receivng categories as well. I don't think Boston will outplay him to be honest. I think Boston will probably get doubled more often allowing Chambers to be open more thus, being thrown to more.

Back
Top Bottom