Dumbest Penalty in the NFL?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Removing the helmet after the play šŸ¤”
How is that unsportsmanlike?

Because everyone would be doing it to flash their stupid ugly popcorn-teeth lookin grills.

The question should be why take that penalty by taking off your helmet? Also, this has nothing to do with the Dolphins. TO THE DEPTHS

False start... just watch a CFL game and see how much movement there is before the snap.

Thatā€™s because itā€™s 3-down football. Offense only has two downs to move the chains, so they allow vertical movement pre-snap.
Still tired of seeing a penalty just because a guy clenching his first.

I think the worse penalty is giving the offense another first down after it has already had the ball first and goal. To many times the referees give the offense a TD when the defense has them stopped with cheap defensive penalty. Penalty should be half the distance and repeat whatever down the penalty occurred on. This prevents giving the offense too many plays at the goal line And the refs from controlling the game so easily.

Intentional grounding. It's okay to throw the ball away to avoid being sacked, but you must pretend that you were not trying to throw the ball away to avoid being sacked.

Intentional grounding. It's okay to throw the ball away to avoid being sacked, but you must pretend that you were not trying to throw the ball away to avoid being sacked.

I kind of get why. If it was just legal to throw it anywhere, there would pretty much very rarely be sacks. You'd just throw it straight into the ground.

I kind of get why. If it was just legal to throw it anywhere, there would pretty much very rarely be sacks. You'd just throw it straight into the ground.
Yeah, I just don't like the way the NFL tried to fix that problem.

If I were the Grand Poobah of football, I would remove the intentional grounding penalty altogether. I would also change the rules so that any forward pass that does not reach the line of scrimmage before it hits the ground is a live ball. If the QB wants to chuck it out-of-bounds or through the goal posts, that's fine if he can get it out before the pocket collapses, but just dumping it at the RBs feet as a defender bears down won't be a viable option.

I know it would never be implemented. More live balls likely means more injuries.

Yeah, I just don't like the way the NFL tried to fix that problem.

If I were the Grand Poobah of football, I would remove the intentional grounding penalty altogether. I would also change the rules so that any forward pass that does not reach the line of scrimmage before it hits the ground is a live ball. If the QB wants to chuck it out-of-bounds or through the goal posts, that's fine if he can get it out before the pocket collapses, but just dumping it at the RBs feet as a defender bears down won't be a viable option.

I know it would never be implemented. More live balls likely means more injuries.

If I were in charge, any ball thrown behind the LOS (without being tipped) would be a live ball, forward or not as well. You posted my exact thought, love it.

That would totally solve the grounding issue I mentioned.

There are rules in Football just like there are laws which make no sense. Yet as long as the rules and laws remain on the books, you have to follow them or be willing to suffer the consequences if you donā€™t.

Back
Top Bottom