Dwyane Wade or Lebron James? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwyane Wade or Lebron James?

Prime Time said:
Why isn't it fair? Last I heard on a Miami Heat segment, Wade had a top-something (5, 10 I don't know the exact #) selling jersey...

Dirk is a 7 foot beast with a jumper...! His defense isn't amazing, but it isn't terrible.
Wade is like #1 or #2 in jerseys, but that doesn't say much about the MVP running. The Heat are the 2nd best team in the East, a decline from last year where we ran off with the #1 seed in like February. Nobody on this team has a CHANCE at MVP honors, even if Wade were to average 35/8/7 or something like that.

Nash is carrying the Amare-less Suns.
Kobe is playing record-like individual basketball.
Brand is leading the league's biggest surprise to the playoffs.
etc.

Wade doesn't have a story behind him, and all MVP players need that "story" type season from their TEAMS..

Section126 said:
:rolleyes2

Again, where did I say LeBron's Defense is better? I said Wade's Defense wasn't better, but I never said it was worse...

Prime Time said:
Again, where did I say LeBron's Defense is better? I said Wade's Defense wasn't better, but I never said it was worse...
Still, if you think they're even defenders, then you aren't really paying attention to the game.

Blueprint said:
Wade is like #1 or #2 in jerseys, but that doesn't say much about the MVP running. The Heat are the 2nd best team in the East, a decline from last year where we ran off with the #1 seed in like February. Nobody on this team has a CHANCE at MVP honors, even if Wade were to average 35/8/7 or something like that.

Nash is carrying the Amare-less Suns.
Kobe is playing record-like individual basketball.
Brand is leading the league's biggest surprise to the playoffs.
etc.

Wade doesn't have a story behind him, and all MVP players need that "story" type season from their TEAMS..

I brought up the jersey numbers because you said the MVP comment isn't fair because of it being a popularity contest.

Blueprint said:
Still, if you think they're even defenders, then you aren't really paying attention to the game.

I disagree.

Prime Time said:

I showed you the quotes.....even putting them in the same breath as defenders....IS RIDICULOUS.

Blueprint said:
The Spurs have always had the PERFECT supporting cast to surround Tim Duncan. I've seen too many games where Duncan shoots 30%, scoring 15 points, and the Spurs beat a damn good team. That system is just unstoppable at times, and the perfect players are in it. When it comes to individual players, KG is far better.

Duncan can be a liability at times, especially the games where he goes 4/21 from the field, and lately, he has done that quite often! That's just ridiculous for a big man. When he's off, he keeps on shooting too..

He's still at his worst 2nd team all defensive team, and I believe has been 1st team all NBA throughout his entire career. I don't think they've had the perfect supporting cast, just guys seem to come up big like Horry in game 5, and like Steve Kerr/Jackson in their 2nd title run. He has bad games but so does every other player in the league offensively, but if we're judging his entire game he's top 5. Really what Duncan has done throughout his career has made him easily one of the greatest players ever and he's 29. Having a guy match what Jordan did in leading his team to a championship is very difficult, but if any guy in the league has a chance it's Duncan.

Prime Time said:
I disagree.

Sorry....you can't disagree. This is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of Fact. Wade was named to the ALL NBA 2nd team for Defense last year...he will be at least in on the 2nd team again this year. Lebron hasn't defended a minute in his life.

it is insulting to Wade and embarrassing for you to continue with this farce.

Defense is a team concept. The team's lack of defense rubs off on each other. It's hard to keep up your defensive intensity when you have the defensively challenged Antoine Walker and Jason Williams, the disappointing defense of James Posey, and the constant mismatches of Udonis Haslem having to guard more athletic 4s.

The only consistent defenders on the team right now are Payton (still decent), Wade, and Zo.

Section126 said:
Sorry....you can't disagree. This is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of Fact. Wade was named to the ALL NBA 2nd team for Defense last year...he will be at least in on the 2nd team again this year. Lebron hasn't defended a minute in his life.

it is insulting to Wade and embarrassing for you to continue with this farce.

Of course I can disagree..

Back
Top Bottom