East-West Shrine game practices Day 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

East-West Shrine game practices Day 2

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
Tweets from the practice courtesy Tony Pauline:

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 56m56 minutes ago The East team's practice is about to begin #ShrineGame
C2YThP3UcAE9aqG.jpg

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 51m51 minutes ago
Starting today's East practice with the defensive line #ShrineGame
C2YUvrDXcAAPbYe.jpg

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 26m26 minutes ago
East one-on-one drills just finished. #Vanderbilt OL William Holden looked strong, as did #Florida DT Joey Ivie.
C2Yar_bWIAAqacw.jpg

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 16m16 minutes ago
Two players from the state of Florida, Kermit Whitfield/WR/FSU & Jamal Carter/S/UM really struggling on day two

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 15m15 minutes ago
Drew Morgan/WR/Arkansas running scissor sharp routes and catching everything

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 22m22 minutes ago
Eric Saubert/TE/Drake looks terrific on day two. I dare say NFL ready as a pass catcher.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 21m21 minutes ago
Dangelo Yancy/WR/Purdue looking good again. Good hands. Plays big.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 20m20 minutes ago
Tony Steven/WR/Auburn establishing himself as the top receiver at Shrine practice.

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 7m7 minutes ago
Javan Jones/LB/Jackson State probably the best run defender on hand. Fierce and competitive.

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 9m9 minutes ago
James Onwualu/LB/Notre Dame just a terrific athlete and really pulling it together today.

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 10m10 minutes ago
Eris Saubert/TE/Drake is dominating practice. On another level against the competition

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 4m4 minutes ago
Joey Ivie from #Florida is continuing to set himself apart from the rest of the DLs. #VaTech OL Jonathan McLaughlin looking good too.

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 48s48 seconds ago
Overheard #Texans scout speaking about #LSU TE Colin Jeter with Jeter's agent.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 8s8 seconds ago
Trey Hendrickson/DE-OLB/FAU is a warrior. Going to be a last day steal.

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 1h1 hour ago
Bryan Cox/DE/Florida flashes incredible athleticism on occasion

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 1h1 hour ago
Terrific match-up in full scrimmage; Eric Saubert /TE/Drake vs James Onwualu /LB/Notre Dame

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 57m57 minutes ago
Another terrific play from Lano Hill/S/Michigan to break up the pass.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 56m56 minutes ago
BOOM! Javancy Jones/LB/Jackson State blowing up another running play.

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 15m15 minutes ago
The West team practice is about to begin #ShrineGame
C2ZZlGFVQAAIjAW.jpg

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 9m9 minutes ago
During blocking drills RBs from the West struggling while the TEs look really good.

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 7m7 minutes ago
The West is going through their 9-on-7 period. #ShrineGame
C2ZfkbXWgAAMdQ4.jpg

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 16m16 minutes ago
#Utah OL Sam Tevi has played well so far. Showing quick feet and a low powerful drive #ShrineGame

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 11m11 minutes ago
Michael Roberts/TE/Toledo looks like a big, strong offensive tackle in blocking drills.

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 10m10 minutes ago
So far it's another food day for Paul Magloire/LB/Arizona. Making plays all over the field.

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 9m9 minutes ago
Trey Griffey/WR/Arizona has made several nice grabs. Uses his size well.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 60m60 minutes ago
Jimmie Gilbert /Colorado is lining up as a pure 4-3 OLB in drills. A bit stiff in reverse otherwise solid.

Draft Analyst ‏@DraftAnalyst1 58m58 minutes ago
#Missouri DT Josh Augusta looking strong and quick in his movements during the pass rush 1-on-1 drills. #ShrineGame

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 52m52 minutes ago
Jimmie Gilbert /Colorado just made a terrific play in pursuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll update with West practice tweets later after they've had their practice.

I should be at West practice. I only caught the OL/DL one-on-one's of East practice today.

I've got a good feel for the East roster but am still developing one for the West roster.

TE Eric Saubert has easily been one of the most impressive players on either squad. He's so athletic and smooth, and yet he dealt with physical coverage so well.

Yesterday among the DLs it was clear that FAU's Trey Hendrickson was the top dog. It became clear early on that way and today was no exception. He's got everyone raving. And with 15.0 TFLs and 9.5 Sacks this year for FAU, he fits. He has been very, very impressive. Maybe top player here.

Someone I noticed yesterday that not everyone else did was LB Richie Brown of Mississippi State. I've never studied the guy actually playing football. But when you stack him against these other LBs in drills, he was a clear standout for his easy movement skills and technical quality. His stat line this year was non-descript. He did tally 100+ tackles this year and last year. But he MOVED like a coverage linebacker in practice yesterday, and he seemed smart as a whip. He practically could've taught those drills to the other LBs, and in fact at different times, he did.

Some other notes from East: I know some people that liked what OC Joe Scelfo of NC State was putting out despite his short stature.

Among the OLs the three biggest standouts to me were OT William Holden of Vandy, OT Jonathan McLaughlin of VT and OT Erik Magnuson of Michigan.

The Canadian TE Anthony Auclair actually acquitted himself well.

Wide receivers Deangelo Yancey of Purdue and Kermit Whitfield of Florida State looked like they were just having another day at the office, like this is what they do run routes get open and catch footballs.

CB Brad Watson of Wake Forest caught my eye because of his movement skills. Channing Stribling as well but that was expected.

Miami safety Jamal Carter has ludicrous abs.

DE Bryan Cox of Florida looks like a HERO during drills. But then get him into one-on-one's and something isn't connecting. Too easily blocked. There's both opportunity and disappointment there.

Ejuan Price looked great in drills but looked like he tweaked something, missed one-on-one's and hasn't been back.

LB Austin Calitro of Villanova is built like a TANK. That man is built Ford tough. Just looking at his frame, you're impressed despite his short stature. The problem is the guy can't move for sh-t and was so lost in coverage yesterday he practically gave up. It was a bad look.

Florida DL Joey Ivie was consistently good in one-on-one's. Still not sure he's a good player but he's had two days of good performance that way.

CB Jack Tocho of NC State really looks like he belongs. Very technically savvy and physical. Gotta find out if he's fast enough.

RB I'Tavius Mathers didn't quite get to show off his receiving skills like I think he could, but he did show glimpses.

On the West, I think it's safe to say WR Gabe Marks turned in the best day yesterday. He was quick, polished, and CONSISTENT at everything he did. It was an impressive performance.

WR Jalen Robinette won the weigh-in by going 6'3" and 215 lbs with 33" arms and enormous 10.75" hands. He actually looked really good dealing with the press but his routes and timing on his looking back for the ball were not crisp enough. He did have a nice highlight just casually stabbing his left hand out and one-handing a poorly thrown out route. With those catcher's mitts he's got for hands it's no wonder.

I thought Billy Brown of Shepherd really stood out though and he got a ton of work in as a WR despite his being listed 6'4" & 245 lbs. He reminds me a little bit of Devon Cajuste or Thomas Duarte in that you kind of doubt they're really fast and they certainly aren't that explosive, but they are smooth and move well like a real WR even though they've got TE size.

WR Trey Griffey of Arizona (Ken Griffey Jr's kid) is one I've got to watch a little more. There might be something there. WR Austin Carr of Northwestern looked exactly how I thought he'd look based on tape. Which is good.

TE Taylor McNamara of USC got in a ton of work and is probably the #2 TE in attendance on both squads behind only Eric Saubert. I was impressed.

The West QBs were adventurous in their accuracy especially outside the hashes. But nobody more so than Zach Terrell of Western Michigan. Seemed alright inside the hashes but outside, he broke down badly. Gunner Kiel was prone to misfiring as well but he does get a spark on the ball.

CB Fabian Moreau looked to MY eyes like the class of the corners on the West squad. I'll see more on him. But it was a promising start and he seems fully healthy now which is big because when he was fully healthy before he looked like he might be on his way to top 100 standing.

DE Deatrich Wise looked the part of a get off the bus type.

That Shepherd WR Billy Brown officially weighted in at 6'3.5" and 254 lbs. BEAST. Had 10.5" hands and 33.5" arms, a 6'8" wingspan.

TE Eric Saubert at 6'4.5" and 245 lbs, 34" arms, 10.0" hands, 6'8.5" wingspan.

WR Jalen Robinette again 6'3" & 215 lbs, 33" arms, 10.75" hands (that's top 1st percentile among WRs by the way), and a 6'7" wingspan that is just an inch shy of Billy Brown's.

One thing about Jalen Robinette is he is Air Force so he would have to have permission by the military to play or he'll have to serve out him term.

One thing about Jalen Robinette is he is Air Force so he would have to have permission by the military to play or he'll have to serve out him term.

It's not an issue. They're pretty freely promising postponements of service to players pursuing their NFL careers. He will serve his term after his NFL career is done.

Back
Top Bottom