Edge a Dolphin in 05? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edge a Dolphin in 05?

Jo-E

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Word has it that Edge wants to be a Dolphin after this year... is this true? Have you heard of this?

yes, its old news. however i am guessing Indy wants to keep him around, especially if they make a run to the SB....

chances are we won't have the cap space to give him a contract he wants...

texasPHINSfan said:
yes, its old news. however i am guessing Indy wants to keep him around, especially if they make a run to the SB....

chances are we won't have the cap space to give him a contract he wants...
Plus, more than likely he will get the franchise tag and cost a 1st and 3rd round pick to sign.

Jo-E said:
Word has it that Edge wants to be a Dolphin after this year... is this true? Have you heard of this?
i heard hes thinking about it.i think we should stay away.get a nother running back in the draft or something.i like edge,but his old injurys make me scared to get him.

Imagine a RB by commitee with Minor and Cedric Benson. I hope we can draft this guy. The only thing that scares me is how much he looks up to RW. I don't think we would want Edge unless he shows the form he had before his injury.

It would be nice to have him if we are in position at making at a run for the ring next year but, Indy has already ensured the NFL he will be franchised and remain a colt.

how is indy gonna be able to afford him next year..... they nearly broke the bank on 1 player alone(some guy by the name of Peyton Manning) whoever the hell that is!!! Also Marvin Harrison is a Free agent next year as well(arguably the best WR in the World)So Harrison is gonna demand a HUGE payday, and if anything i think the franchise tag will go to Harrison before Edge.......Unless Harrison signs an extension beforehand like Chris Chambers did for us(THANK YOU CHRIS CHAMBERS FOR WANTING TO PLAY FOR MIAMI, AND NOT MAKING IT DIFFERICULT TO KEEP YOU)

yes but why pay huge for a guy that is half way through his career..... that would be another Wannstedt bandaid move. Go with the draft, groom a new back. (or RB by committee would be nice).

There is no way the Colts can franchise Edge after next season. Too much money invested in Peyton and soon-to-be free agent Harrison, when you franchise a player you have to pay him at least the average of the top 5 salaries for current NFL players. There is no way the Colts have that money. If Edge wants to be a Dolphins next year than he will be.

is Harrison a FA after this season as well? Marvin is already in his 30's unlike Edge... given the choice i could see Indy tagging Edge and either trading Harrison (if he is under contract thru next year at least) or cutting him if there is such an opportunity during the off season to free up money to keep Edge. admittedly i do not know all the intricacies of the cap and what dumping Marvin (as opposed to trading him) might cost cap wise due to any years remaining on his current deal. but wanted to throw that out there in hopes someone could clarify.

Id have to check but I dont think Marvins in his 30's. Even if he is he hasnt slowed down AT ALL! If you think Indy would franchise Edge over Harrison then you are crazy. I could see Indy plugging in Rhodes in a heartbeat over losing Peytons go to guy. Edge WILL be a free agent next year.

I can't believe this thread, after the off-season we've just been through. :roflmao: I will not get pumped up over another draft pick or trade again, until I at least see the player on the field for the 1st game of the season.

Marvin turns 32 this month. The hope among Colts fans is that Marv's deal gets done (hopefully cap friendly as he wants to remain a Colt - won't find a better fit in an offense than he has in Indy), and the franchise tag is used for Edge. Of course that depends on Edge's production this year, as Polian is not queasy about letting go of a big name (ala Faulk), and drafting to fill the position.

Edge is one of my favorite Colts, so I hope it works out that he remains in Indy. Was at training camp yesterday, and bought a James authentic, even though he may be leaving, out of respect for his contributions to our team. The jerseys were on sale, since our color has slightly changed for this year, so I couldn't resist.

Good luck with your season, I truly feel bad for your team as you've had the worst luck this offseason. And please beat the Titans for us in week 1!

Anthony3454 said:
Imagine a RB by commitee with Minor and Cedric Benson. I hope we can draft this guy. The only thing that scares me is how much he looks up to RW. I don't think we would want Edge unless he shows the form he had before his injury.

He can look up to Ricky Williams the Football player and not Ricky Williams the person. We all know Ricky was a great ball player, just made really dumb decisions for his personal life.

Back
Top Bottom