Edge defender Cameron Wake had an impact in Week 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edge defender Cameron Wake had an impact in Week 7

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
GettyImages-629674632.jpg

The Miami Dolphins got a big game from edge defender Cameron Wake in their come from behind Week 7 win over the Jets. His game grade of 80.3 was his third consecutive game with a grade above 80.0.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-edge-defender-cameron-wake-had-an-impact-in-week-7

I recall when he tore his achilles telling my son that he may be done...that it's hard for someone who uses explosive speed so much to come back from an achilles tear, especially on the wrong side of 30.

Im so happy that I had no idea what I was talking about.

Outside of Wake our pass rush is garbage. He's got 6 sacks in 6 games. Branch has 3 and 2 of them came in one game. Suh has 2.5 and he has done what he was brought here to do...he's put a ton of pressure on the QB...everyone else...missing.

Harris gets consistent pressure. Branch is what he is and that's not a guy who racks up sacks or pressure. Same goes for Hayes. That's why we have been blitzing and Reshad has been very effective in that capacity

I recall when he tore his achilles telling my son that he may be done...that it's hard for someone who uses explosive speed so much to come back from an achilles tear, especially on the wrong side of 30.

Im so happy that I had no idea what I was talking about.

Gotta love advancements in medical operations. 10 years ago he would've been done.

Outside of Wake our pass rush is garbage. He's got 6 sacks in 6 games. Branch has 3 and 2 of them came in one game. Suh has 2.5 and he has done what he was brought here to do...he's put a ton of pressure on the QB...everyone else...missing.

I think the D Line has been doing it's job well lately. It's tough in the NFL to get consistent pressure with only 4. The real issue is no one in the back 7 is a great blitzer other than Reshad.

I saw somewhere that said Wake got less than 20 snaps. Maybe that was 20 pass rush snaps? idk but I thought that number seemed low. Amazing production though!

Back
Top Bottom