Elvis Dumervil? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elvis Dumervil?

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
.......draft experts, what do you think of Elvis Dumervil? The knock on him is that he'd obviously be a bit undersized to man the DE position in the NFL, but could he make it in our system at linebacker? He seems perfect for the part from what I saw out of him this year....... a very disruptive, instinctual player.

From what little I have read about him, it seems doubtful he could move to LB (or at least OLB). Therefore, he is a very unlikely candidate to become a Dolphin.

he worked out as a linebacker at the combine and they said he looked poor in drills. it looks he is probably going to end up as a situational pass rusher.

Not only did he look poor in LB drills, he got dominated at the Senior Bowl by top tackles. His sacks came against garbage competition in college.

I dont know how valid is, but I think Dumervil would probabaly would work out pretty well as a project conversion to a Jeremiah Trotter type linebacker. A two-down, forward moving type guy.

Dummerville is the half-brother of former UofL safety Corey Burns (who bounced around the NFL). He should have more athletic ability standing up than he shows on the field. It should be noted that he played in an up the field attacking system and wasn't ever asked to cover in the open field. I don't think he projects well to LB, but IF he does make it in the league, it will be as the "rush" LB in a 3-4 scheme. I like the guy as a person, but I don't like him for us.

Back
Top Bottom