Emmitt Smith :( | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Emmitt Smith :(

Good, I never liked Emmitt. I always respected him, but never liked him. Glad to see him go. But at the same time, I'm glad to see he had a safe & healthy career and a safe & healthy exit.

IMO:

Walter Payton > Emmitt Smith
Jim Brown > Emitt Smith
Barry Sanders > Emitt Smith.

He was a great player, but forever overrated.

agentsmithsunglasses-1.jpg

Zion wins.

Maybe that will convince Jerry Rice that it's time for him to go as well.

I loved the way that Emmit played the game. He showed great respect towards the other players and to the coaches. Glad to see Emmit go and have a better season he had then the dissapointed 2003 season.

Although It's sad to see him leave, I think It's good for him. I know In some way, shape, or form he will be involved in the NFL. If he's joining an investment group to buy The Minnesota Vikings, that would be great. He's got nothing left to prove In the NFL, he's leaving the game as the leading rusher in NFL history. I wish him all the luck In whatever he does after retirement.

I think Walter and Jim Brown were better than Emmitt, but not Barry Sanders. Barry has the record for most negative runs in NFL history, he would miss his initial hole because he would dance around lookin for a bigger play. They would also have to pull him out on third down because he was a lousy blocker and receiver.

My thread got moved....oh well.

Another team looking for a rb. Looks like a 2nd for Henry is looking better :D.

Justasportsfan said:
My thread got moved....oh well.

Another team looking for a rb. Looks like a 2nd for Henry is looking better :D.
Maybe.

Personally i think they need to give Marcell Shipp some carries no matter what. He has a lot of potential, theyve just never used him much.

It's about time he retires. Maybe Rice will finally get the picture too. While great in their glory days, they're not doing anymore now then trying to add to their records.

My neighbor is a big Emmitt fan...he even named his ****er Spaniel, "Emmitt"
:roflmao:

But it was definitely his time to hang it up, hopefully Jerry Rice and Brett
Favre will get the message as well. :lol:

Jimi said:
Maybe.

Personally i think they need to give Marcell Shipp some carries no matter what. He has a lot of potential, theyve just never used him much.
They did use him. Two seasons ago they put him In and found out how good he was. He was supposed to be the starter for this year, but got hurt.

Back
Top Bottom