Enough of Ricky.....Lets focus on the future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Enough of Ricky.....Lets focus on the future

InSabanWeTrust1

Section 238 row 6
Reaction score
im sick of reading all this stuff about ricky. we know what happened we know what the consequences are and who cares about him backin up ronnie in o7. people, we need to start focusing on the future not the past. What happened, happened. Its done over with.
it was a luxury having two great running backs on our team something not every team has. However, we DON'T need two sick rbs to be good. Ronnie is our future there is a reason we spent the #2 OVERALL ON HIM!!! People need to realize that he is now going to be given a nice ammount of playing time that he deserves and it was good for him to split time his rookie year while getting some good experience. OUr running back situation is fine we just need an undrafted rb from some college. I promise you we're not wasting one of our 6 draft picks to be our 3rd rb behind ronnie and morris.
So now that we've settled the fact that our rb situation is fine, lets move on to the big 3 as i am starting to call them: WR, S, OLB. These are the most glaring needs. I know there are cases for OG,DT but who we have will be fine and with vet cuts and our 7 round draft picks well get some decent guys.
So with our 1st 3rd and 4th round pick, assuming we dont trade down, we need to adress wr, s, olb. OLB and DB is fairly deep in this draft so i expect to wait until the 3rd to get a S. SO its down to Wr or Olb as our first round pick which makes sense b/c saban said " we need players on offense to help cpep makes plays down the field and guys on defense to get to the quarterback" well wr make plays downfield and de/olb get to the quarterback. I will be very happy with the selection of chad jackson, santonio holmes, manny lawson, or chad greenway in the first round of the draft.

I like Bobby Carpenter for OLB (he can play inside and outside)
or J. Williams for S. (again versatility, can play CB or S)

but dont you think we need a joey porter terell suggs willie mcginest type player to get to the quarterback as an outside linebacker? if we are going to the 3-4 full time or the majority of the time that is a necessity

Back
Top Bottom