Entire NBA season will be canceled predicts players union boss | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Entire NBA season will be canceled predicts players union boss

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
NBA Players Association chief Billy Hunter says that NBA owners and players are so far apart in labor talks, the entire 2011-12 regular-season will be canceled.

That's the bleak outlook and prediction from Hunter, who said if he "had to bet on it," the entire upcoming season will be lost due to the lockout.

"We're $800 million apart per year," Hunter said at an American Bar Association conference in Baltimore on Wednesday, two days after the players and owners met for three hours and failed to make any progress on a new collective bargaining agreement.

Hunter believes that a new faction of hard-line owners is making it impossible for commissioner David Stern to make a deal.

"The circumstances have changed among his constituency," said Hunter. "In the last six or seven years, there is a new group of owners to come in who paid a premium for their franchises, and what they're doing is kind of holding his feet to the fire."

Asked whether there would be a season, Hunter said: "If I had to bet on it at this moment, I would probably say no."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...cts_players_union_boss_billy_hunter_afte.html

I stopped watching this league years ago, so no big loss for me. I feel bad for the crooked refs though.

Doesn't exactly make me feel good when my Spurs were on their last legs last year :(
Well, you did have a great run, so I don't think you'll get any sympathy on this site. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom