Episode IV: A New Hope | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Episode IV: A New Hope

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
Come on guys, get your heads up. This is what this team has always needed. Adversity. We always go into the season thinking we're better than we are. Now we have our backs against the wall and that should bring this team together like never before. Especailly the defense. But first we have to sign Ogunleye. Give this guy whatever he wants. We have to get him in camp. This talk of trading him is crazy. We need more youth on our defense, we need our defense to be strong and carry us. We don't need to trade anything for another WR, maybe sign Antonio Freeman or Tim Brown to a 1 year deal to bring some veteran presense and help AJ. Which brings to to my next point, remember what happened the last time AJ Feeley was on a team who lost their star player and all hope was lost? He stepped up big time and got them to the playoffs! Who was his running back? Duce Staley. Who his WR's? Stinkston and Trash. All our hope now lies with him. At least offensively.

Sorry Dude...But this Off-Season is more like "The Phantom Menace."

God hates the Dolphins.

we will see what type of football players we have & see who steps up & delivers. if we work as a team, then good things will come. the team must forgot the key loses to our OFF & work a little hard to make up for it. ince they start believing in themselves, nothing is out of reach. go fins!

the good side is yes, this will humble us. Traditionally, as long as i can remember, we have always started out seasons strong and led the division.... until december.

now, we might play reversed roles. The good news is that nobody will expect anything from us now, so at worst case scenario we will be as expected. best case scenario - huge underdogs that made it far.

I like your analogy to the eagles' season with Feeley filling in for McNabb... only one thing.... they had a good coach! ;)

texasPHINSfan said:
I like your analogy to the eagles' season with Feeley filling in for McNabb... only one thing.... they had a good coach! ;)

we could only hope Dave is willing to mix up the plays & stop being so predictable & conservative. i think Dave will adapt to the times since he knows he is walking a fine line & must be willing to let his OC call the plays & stick to DEF.

My concern is that character is not what this team is known for.
Remember prior years collapse in the last six weeks of the season.
We'll find out for sure what they are made off,specially the defence where all the money has been invested for years.
its too bad because I felt the Fins were going to surprise.

Lukin, you need to go and smoke another blunt with Ricky "No Class" Williams if you think this situation we find ourselves in is anything but bad. It doesn't matter who is signed or unsigned, what replacements are brought in. It could be Marino and the Marks brothers in their prime and the best we could hope for is a 500 season. There is obviously more than the public knows about as far as what's going on inside this organization. The fact that Marino and others have bailed out on what would be dream jobs for anyone to me shows that it is not a good situation within the Dolphins organization. No amount of talent can overcome such adversity. I haven't bailed out on being a fan and I never will. Even though I don't have any expectations on anything higher than a mediocure season, I can still dream. As fans we need to will this team through these tough times and continue to show our support. Dolphins forever!!!

Back
Top Bottom