Eric Moulds is so much better than Chambers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Moulds is so much better than Chambers

kastofsna120 said:
or you can go by football knowledge. watch the two throughout their careers. regardless of who has thrown the ball to them, moulds has proven to be a better receiver. forget the stats, he's just been a better player

I added to my post, read the last line..

It sounds like Buffalo fans are complaining about Buffalo's receiver's going to waste becuase of their qb, but explaining Jay Fiedler as our qb as an excuse plus Wanny's lack of scheme or hand the ball to ricky 80% of the time, run all three downs. Drew Bledsoe supposedly brought down the Bills WR, It looks like to me that he's doing fairly well in Dallas, so I'm just saying some bills fans are hypocrites

cltchperf said:
It sounds like Buffalo fans are complaining about Buffalo's receiver's going to waste becuase of their qb, but explaining Jay Fiedler as our qb as an excuse plus Wanny's lack of scheme or hand the ball to ricky 80% of the time, run all three downs. Drew Bledsoe supposedly brought down the Bills WR, It looks like to me that he's doing fairly well in Dallas, so I'm just saying some bills fans are hypocrites

I don't think any Buf fans are in this thread, but if they do use that, you would be right..they defintely would be hypocrites..sometimes you have to go though what someone else when though before you understand fully, now they know. :lol:

MDFINFAN said:
I can't help who Chambers had, but you can use that argument to show why Chambers is not as good also. Bottom line, Moulds has proven to be better than Chambers. Whatever the reason, Chambers hasn't been as productive, so since we can't compare based on QB play, we can only go with career stats, due to no fault of his own, chambers is on the bottom side of that.

You don't think the Qb makes a difference? sorry to break your heart,but it very well does.if the Qb can't get the ball there,how is any wide receiver supposed to catch it? or if the pass is over thrown,is that the wide receivers fault,if the offense is run,run pass punt (Wanny ball).Moulds has been in a more wide receiver friendly offense,thats just a fact.

cltchperf said:

This is the only issue i was trying to bring up here guys.

Buffalo fans complain about their situation but yet made fun of us when we were down. They said Chambers wasnt good and couldnt be good. All im trying to do is show them how the same thing is happening with them now. Carmas a ***** and what goes around comes around remember that. Dont get to high on the wins and dont get too low on the loses. Everything will even out eventually.

Bottom line is that Chambers is a stud. What's so good about that to is that I think he can get even better.

phatmatt said:
Bottom line is that Chambers is a stud. What's so good about that to is that I think he can get even better.

yeah, exactly. Just get the ball to him

I guess we will find out this year if chambers really is an elite reciever. He should be getting the ball more than ever in this new offense.

calphin said:
You don't think the Qb makes a difference? sorry to break your heart,but it very well does.if the Qb can't get the ball there,how is any wide receiver supposed to catch it? or if the pass is over thrown,is that the wide receivers fault,if the offense is run,run pass punt (Wanny ball).Moulds has been in a more wide receiver friendly offense,thats just a fact.

Look at the short passes moulds have caught and made big plays out of and look at the short passes Chambers has had and made big plays out of..If Fielder got the ball to Chambers short... There's a big difference..Moulds has made plays for himself, Chambers hasn't quite done that yet. Actually I think we're comparing apples to oranges based on thier style of play...but that's just me.

MDFINFAN said:
Look at the short passes moulds have caught and made big plays out of and look at the short passes Chambers has had and made big plays out of..If Fielder got the ball to Chambers short... There's a big difference..Moulds has made plays for himself, Chambers hasn't quite done that yet. Actually I think we're comparing apples to oranges based on thier style of play...but that's just me.

Chambers has made quite a bit of plays even when short passes, how bout them 70+ yard touchdowns, Chambers is a playmaker. the problem is that it's nearly impossible when you're qb is throwing the ball to you at the line of scrimmage with two guys that hit you right after you catch the ball, or the ball is so off, or thrown like a feather that by the time it's caught there or already guys ready to tackle you before you can turn around and even make a move. When Chambers has a little space, we all know what he can do,like I already said(70+TD)

DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz said:
Ohhh yeah. To all those Buffalo fans who said that since Chambers didnt have a 1,000 yard season, hes nothing special...what about your boy Moulds?

How many yards does he have through 4 games??? 80 lousy yards. 10 Receptions for 80 stinkin yards and 0 tds. Hows that for your 1,000 yard season?

Chambers on the other hand in one less game has around 154 yards on 14 receptions with a TD.

Now what im trying to say is NOT that Moulds is a bad WR because hes solid and makes good plays or to point out that Chambers is much better BUT IT IS ESSENTIAL to who you have at the helm throwing him the ball!!! Everyone was so down on Chambers when Feeley and Fiedler were chuckin the ball to him for the past few years. Well now you get a taste of what it was like here and he still damn near got that 1,000 yards.

Chambers is a good player but he does need to prove everyone else out there wrong and show how good of an offensive weapon he really can be. Hopefully he will prove it in this weekends game :)
I would say that Moulds so far has been a much better reciever than Chambers. Chambers play has been inconsistant and Moulds was a very good possession reciever. I am not knocking Chambers because I love the guy and if he ever puts it all together we will be in for quite a show. It doesn't help that Chambers has played in run happy offenses over the years with subpar QBs. But he still has the tools to be a pro bowler. I still have faith that Chambers will be a better reciever in the long run than Moulds but he still has some work to do. ;)

in 04 Moulds had 88 rec 1043 yards avg11.9 5tds long 49 yards
in 04 chris had69 rec 898 yards avg13.07tds long 76 yards

in 03Moulds had64 rec 780 yards avg 12.2 1td long 49 yards
in03 chris had 64 rec 963 yards avg 15.o 11tds long 57yards

Moulds is a better route runner who has the knack for finding wholes in the coverage.

calphin said:
His best ability is spitting at opponents.
I am not saying that I like the guy or that he has good character skills.... I am just stating what his football skills are. bottom line is he has been a solid reciever over the years and yes the best years are behind him but he has been solid.

Back
Top Bottom