ESPN Blog- Dolphins should start Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Blog- Dolphins should start Tannehill

i say start him for regular season, but dont tell anyone.

Cart meet Horse ... I'll leave it to the two of you to determine your order.

If he continues practicing and playing the way he has, he should start. People are worried if he starts to early he will look like Blain Gabbert, Tannehill is way better. Like everyone one says, were not a playoff team, so why not let the future start now.

He hasn't even been a quarterback for more than a season in his career, no need to rush the future. Let him sit a year, and develop.. If the apple aint ripe, don't pick it.

my only fear starting Tanney - can our Oline can offer any pass pro - without the run game? My fear is what happened to David Carr - because I sense RG3 he is going to be like David Carr - running for his life - I don't see thebenefit Tanney running for his life if the WRs can't get open (and they aren't too consistent) and I doubt our Secondary is even average - so this is telling - Tanney will hold onto the ball hopinga WR will get open (you cant be expecting him to throw guys open every play)

my only fear starting Tanney - can our Oline can offer any pass pro - without the run game? My fear is what happened to David Carr - because I sense RG3 he is going to be like David Carr - running for his life - I don't see thebenefit Tanney running for his life if the WRs can't get open (and they aren't too consistent) and I doubt our Secondary is even average - so this is telling - Tanney will hold onto the ball hopinga WR will get open (you cant be expecting him to throw guys open every play)

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/...insiders/410ce716-3086-45bd-bc8f-d72c8559e672

rev kev, take a look Pete Pricso's interview on Finsiders (please see link above). Prisco says the primary reason David Carr failed was not his offensive line. While Carr did get beat up, he also didn't put in the work to make it as a quality starter in the NFL. Also, please see my previous reply to this thread about allowed sacks statistics last year in the NFL. There's some interesting information in it that might change your mind a little bit concerning the shell shock concern for rookie QBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom