ESPN vs. NFL Net. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN vs. NFL Net.

interesting point about a fresh angle you may have not seen with espns coverage...it does kinda get to the point on nfl network where you know exactly what mayocks take on a player and feel is gonna be given all the path to the draft nfl combine senior bowl week coverage etc....can't say i've paid much attention to kiper or mcshays analysis...mcshays a hack anyways...

i know one thing that nfl network game changers show is god awful...looks like something i would expect from espn frankly...nothing to get out of it...fluff pieces

If you don't pay much attention to his analysis... why are you calling him a hack?

I'm ok with both, but don't like after the second round when espn says lets recap the past 5 picks that took place while we were showing an interview of someone that was drafted earlier.

If you don't pay much attention to his analysis... why are you calling him a hack?

probably cause when i did pay attention before mayock joined the nfl network crew and espn was the only option i thought mcshay was a joke...never have respected him...

probably cause when i did pay attention before mayock joined the nfl network crew and espn was the only option i thought mcshay was a joke...still do...

I dunno. That's like saying you hate a show that's on now because you watched it five years ago and thought it sucked.

I dunno. That's like saying you hate a show that's on now because you watched it five years ago and thought it sucked.

it works just fine for me...and if i didn't like a show 5 years ago i'm not gonna watch it now...

probably cause when i did pay attention before mayock joined the nfl network crew and espn was the only option i thought mcshay was a joke...never have respected him...

McShay has gotten MUCH better in the last couple of years where IMO he's behind really only Mayock as for as guys on tv

As the weekend goes on I'll focus on NFLN cause they tend to do a much better job talking about prospects. ESPN kind of gives up midway through round 2. Plus, ESPN tends to be much less about talking about the player and more talking about Kiper's big boad.

In regards to the draft, NFL network had some of the best produced programming out there. I enjoy the analysts from both ESPN and NFLN.... I like to hear Gruden on espn and he played a bigger role last year than Kiper.

The method that myself and some buddies have worked out is that the first 3 rounds of the draft must be watched on NFLN, but after that you start to see more commentary and less video clips of the actual players being drafted. We all noticed that the later part of the draft, on ESPN, you could see highlights of a lot of players (ones that I really wouldn't know) and its cool to see those players. As the later rounds come, NFLN continues to talk about the first few rounds (and rightly so), but don't tell you or show you much about the guys being drafted in rounds 4 and 5 and so on ...

No contest. ESPN is the original and the classic best. Tremendous entertainment value. Berman prompting and needling Kiper is as much a part of the draft as the picks themselves. Great presentation, theme music and graphics with just the proper balance of analysis and curiosity.

Eisen is simply not in Berman's league. If he had been, he wouldn't have been a nobody at ESPN. Eisen can be crude when it's least appropriate. He has poor instincts in whose opinion he seeks on a given player or team. Overall it's a schlock presentation that desperately tries to save itself via wise guy content.

The best approach is to tape both of them, while picking one to focus on live. ESPN errs in demoting McShay the first day. He should be allowed to bicker with Kiper but obviously the other guys like Gruden have priority written into their contracts. During the final day, ESPN can wobble and spend too much time reviewing the early picks, while NFL Network continues to scrutinize the ongoing selections. Suzy Kolber launches her chirpy tone and asks one head coach after another about picks made two days earlier. At that point NFL Network is superior but even then the gap is not what many fans want to believe. NFL Network is spending considerably more time looking at first round picks than they did initially.

I saw this question asked a few days ago in a thread on the draft forum of footballsfuture.com. The author obviously anticipated an avalanche in favor of NFL Network. In fact, he arrogantly used capitalization in the header, asking if ANYBODY would watch ESPN?

LOL. That's an extremely confident board. Opinions that don't necessarily conform. I knew he wouldn't receive anything close to what he expected. It was virtually a split. The guys on that site don't cave in to conventional wisdom, or as if they have to answer to fit in with the crowd. That won't be popular but IMO it's the reason threads like this always favor NFL Network heavily. The people who take the time to respond believe they are safer if they say NFL Network.

I noticed NFLN doing a lot more round 1-2 coverage later in the draft last year and hated it. loved ESPN they were atleast showing clips of guys being drafted even if they weren't talking about them.

Since I started watching NFLN, I have stopped watching ESPN. There are a few guys at NFLN I don't necessarily care for but their are very few at ESPN that I can stomach.

NFL network, but I also record ESPN, just to get different extra footage and analysis of the player Miami takes on day one, while on day 2 and 3, you don't get info on all the players, so it's good to have more then one network to maybe get a better idea of the player Miami took in the later rounds.

Back
Top Bottom